Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mechanic recommendation - Nor Cal

KTriky

Looking for a good mechanic in the sacramento area. My girlfriend took the boat out without me and hit a submerged log. She ended up tweeking the shaft.....along with the prop and strut. I'd do the work myself, but just have no time....and I want to get back on the water while its still warm. Any suggestions? I'm willing to travel up to two hrs.

Thx Crew!

Looking for a good mechanic in the sacramento area. My girlfriend took the boat out without me and hit a submerged log. She ended up tweeking the shaft.....along with the prop and strut. I'd do the work myself, but just have no time....and I want to get back on the water while its still warm. Any suggestions? I'm willing to travel up to two hrs.

Thx Crew!

Well if you're willing to travel a couple of hours,I know a great mechanic in paradise, ca which is about 20 min. east of chico. Look up Wilson Paradise Marine. Donna and Craig own the shop and they are an amazing couple to work with. I just had Craig replace my prop shaft, packing, and rudder. It was about $2000 for parts and labor. If you have insurance it will most likely be covered also. They are also great about working with insurance companies. Here's their number (530) 872-2617

Carriage House Performance Marine, Penn Valley, CA (just west of Grass Valley)

Owner: Paul Chasiange 530-432-6814

Penn Valley is about a 1½ hour drive from Davis.

If you call him tell him Mike from Lake Wildwood Waterski Club referred you. Not sure it'll help you but it couldn't hurt. :lol:

• 3 years later...

Just came across this really old post of mine. A few years back, I came to the forum to find a boat mechanic in the area. I got a great reccomendation for a mechanic just south of Sacramento in Walnut Grove. Unfortunatly, when I went to get ahold of him last week I learned that he unexpectedly passed away this last August :cry: (Don's Mobile Marine). He was a great mechanic, but above all he was honest. Going to miss him, he was a great guy.

So I'm currently searching for a new mechanic in Northern CA. Any recomendations from the crew?