Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Danielo Diamond

old skool malibu

I am thinking on upgrading the Inland Surfer Black Pearl to the Danielo Diamond. Anyone have any experience with this board? It sounds like this in the Phase 5 board of choice..but I am giving the Carbon Pro a close look as well. Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://phase5boards.com/gear/danielo-diamond/

http://phase5boards.com/gear/danielo-pro-carbon/

I have the pro carbon and love it. If your in to spinning and skim style tricks defiantly pick it up. Not so great for classic surf style and airs.

Yes ....seems the Diamond is getting a lot of good reviews as the new tail design allows for some sweet carving while the overall board design makes it very easty to turn etc. Think the Diamond is the way to go, just looking for some more feedback on both.

The wider diamond tail makes the tail of the board sit higher out of the water making the board faster and looser.

The Pro Carbon has a traditional pin tail which because its narrow design is more responsive rail to rail.

The wider diamond tail makes the tail of the board sit higher out of the water making the board faster and looser.

The Pro Carbon has a traditional pin tail which because its narrow design is more responsive rail to rail.

Interesting..the way I read it it sounds like the Diamond has lots of bite ..according to Drew. I would think it would be more resonsive than the Pro Carbon which IMO is a fairly loose board?

you do know what they say about guys that walk around with a huge surfboard right???

....That guy must have a small wake...

Thanks for the feedback Cervelo..this will really help with my board purchase

Edited by old skool malibu

I have a Pro Carbon as well as a Pro I've purchased almost all of Phase5s boards. The only advice i can give you is get the board that fits you. Take into consideration your wake size when you order your board. I've ordered the last 2 of my Phase5s lg 54" and wished i went next size bigger whenever i went out to ride behind a boat other mine. Im gathering since you don't like the Pearl you are a lil heavy for it or little to small of wake. My Wife rides IS tri fin pearl 56" and she absolutely hates my Phase5 stuff says its way to edgy? I dont like her board either...lol Goodluck with finding that perfect board! I just recently started riding more Surf than Skim and am playing hell finding that perfect board. Really liking the Soulcraft Jetty at this point.

I have a Pro Carbon as well as a Pro I've purchased almost all of Phase5s boards. The only advice i can give you is get the board that fits you. Take into consideration your wake size when you order your board. I've ordered the last 2 of my Phase5s lg 54" and wished i went next size bigger whenever i went out to ride behind a boat other mine. Im gathering since you don't like the Pearl you are a lil heavy for it or little to small of wake. My Wife rides IS tri fin pearl 56" and she absolutely hates my Phase5 stuff says its way to edgy? I dont like her board either...lol Goodluck with finding that perfect board! I just recently started riding more Surf than Skim and am playing hell finding that perfect board. Really liking the Soulcraft Jetty at this point.

No Penner was just bustin my chops. The board is actually quite small - 54". My wake is pretty sweet with wedge, factory, 750 and two 400's. So no issues there. I am on the cusp of the recommended size as I weigh 160lbs so thinking on going for the large. Small is up to 165lbs (51") and large is up to 200lbs (54"). Got some feedback from another member that the diamond is really quick, but not as edgy as the carbon pro. Still think the Diamond may be the way to go..seems to have sold really well this year. Anyone else ride the Diamond?

No Penner was just bustin my chops. The board is actually quite small - 54". My wake is pretty sweet with wedge, factory, 750 and two 400's. So no issues there. I am on the cusp of the recommended size as I weigh 160lbs so thinking on going for the large. Small is up to 165lbs (51") and large is up to 200lbs (54"). Got some feedback from another member that the diamond is really quick, but not as edgy as the carbon pro. Still think the Diamond may be the way to go..seems to have sold really well this year. Anyone else ride the Diamond?

Sounds like a good choice! I talked to Todd w/ Towanza at the nats he said the Diamond was a new Animal :thumbup:

Well gave the new board a shot this weekend and while it felt good not sure if it was any better then my Inland Surfer Black Pearl. I was having problems getting it slide on top of the wave...didnt find it as loose as the Inland. May have to get use to it?

Maybe you should give the smaller version a try?

Exact same size as my Inland. 54". I think the sharper edges may have something to do with it. May have to change my technique. Definately allowed me to get really far back on the wave.

rode a 4'6" danielo pro carbon this weekend...man it is loose but a ton of fun.... I am too big for it... 200+.... would like to try a 5 ft model ...

I actually found this way more stable than my Inland..almost completed a 360. I am 95% there!