Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

gas tank vent

board brained

question for the crew:

have most of you who surf alot moved your gas vent line? I got water in my gas earlier this year and i am sure it has to have come in through the gas vent as it is definitely in the water when fully loaded for surfing and that vent line is a straight shot to the tank. what i have done is added to the vent line to have it loop up under the gunwale, which is higher than the water which in theory should stop water from coming in.

I was thinking about moving the vent this off season as I am in the salt and salt water in the fuel system is not good.

thoughts?

thanks

Shawn

question for the crew:

have most of you who surf alot moved your gas vent line? I got water in my gas earlier this year and i am sure it has to have come in through the gas vent as it is definitely in the water when fully loaded for surfing and that vent line is a straight shot to the tank. what i have done is added to the vent line to have it loop up under the gunwale, which is higher than the water which in theory should stop water from coming in.

I was thinking about moving the vent this off season as I am in the salt and salt water in the fuel system is not good.

thoughts?

thanks

We were discussing this similar problem on another topic, not sure how to post the link but go to Gas spilling out vent tube in the Trouble shooting section, There was some good suggestions on a similar problem you are having