Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast Pumps

enelson

Didn't want to hijack the ballast tread so wanted to start another one. Has anyone used different pumps for there factory tanks? Reason I ask is I am on my third pump they just don't seem to last. Mine have always been the inlet pumps. They start pumping slower then normal then they start blowing the breakers then that is the end of them. There not that bad to buy but figured if there was a better option out there I would like to give it a try.

There is an adapter for the Tsunami 1200's and I think I am going to try that next.

My center tank takes 12 minutes to fill. no bueno.

Doesn't the 1200 have a 1" outlet though? so you need new ballast hose too. I thought about moving to 1200s when I added bags to the vride, but it would have really increased the price.

I might try the 1200's I have room my center tank is about a 12 min fill also that is when the pump starts to go. When it new it takes about 8 mins

The RULE 1100 Tournament series has a 3/4" inlet thread, you would have to reduce the 1" fill line down to 3/4" which would not be that difficult.

http://www.wakemakers.com/rule-aerator-ballast-pump-1100.html

Doesn't the 1200 have a 1" outlet though? so you need new ballast hose too. I thought about moving to 1200s when I added bags to the vride, but it would have really increased the price.

Yup. So I would have to put a reducer on the other side of the pump also. There is a guy on Tigeowners.com who found that despite shrinking the hose size down, the 1200 was still a bit faster than the 800. He actually took a sack and a battery and bench tested multiple configurations and pumps. IIRC, the biggest slowdown was at the sack where the actual internal diameter on a fly high sack is 1/2 inch.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13621&highlight=Tsunami+rule

You have to be a member to see the pics, but the details are all there.