Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'06 Sunsetter XTi - Price

peachman

Hello All,

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the information regarding my decision to upgrade from my '96 SLX to the new Sunsetter Xti...

Following are the options I have so far. The asking price is 51K and they are giving me 17K for my '96 SLX on trade for a difference of 34K...

Docking lights

Hot water shower

Mid-ship Ballast

Cleats 2 pair

Wedge Complete

Billet glove box cover

Monsoon 340 hp.

Boat cover

Sony cd/4 speakers

lounge remote

Polished titan III tower

Titan Sky Ski rack

Titan water ski rack

T/A extreme trailer (tandem axle)

Heated driver seat

Heater

I have been working on the dealer for a couple weeks and I think this will be the best I will get. If I sign a deal at the boat show (coming the end of the month), it will all be contingent on a ski test...

What do you all think, does this sound like a reasonable deal??

Appreciate what you think,

JT

That sounds like its right in the ballpark. What % off MSRP is it?

I do think it would be worth it to you to cancel the cover ($588 I think you said it was) and get a rankin cover.

Edited by Greg_S

On another note I meant to post on your other thread but, here it is...a friend has an WakeSetter XTI and overall I like the boat very much if we were going to buy another shaft drive that is what I would buy. I do not know if the seating is the same on the SunSetter but, on the WakeSetter it is diffcult to weight for surfing because of the small seat on the passengers side corner. I would love to see that boat with play pen style seating in the back with ballest tanks under or some tanks in the floor the 06 might have that I am not sure just something to think about.

I do think it would be worth it to you to cancel the cover ($588 I think you said it was) and get a rankin cover.

I think it will be about 12 % off MSRP, I'm not certain since I have added a couple things and I'm not sure what they are indevidually.

I will keep your cover suggestion in mind. If I go with the Rankin cover, will they custom fit it to my tower. And if so, they must have a pattern for the '05 - '06 Sunsetter XTi w/ Titan III tower??

Thanks,

JT

I'd also consider getting the stereo done aftermarket, but that's JMO.

I think it will be about 12 % off MSRP, I'm not certain since I have added a couple things and I'm not sure what they are indevidually.

I will keep your cover suggestion in mind. If I go with the Rankin cover, will they custom fit it to my tower. And if so, they must have a pattern for the '05 - '06 Sunsetter XTi w/ Titan III tower??

Thanks,

JT

RE: Rankin, yes to all of that. They work with the Malibu dealer in their area to get their templates

12% is a good deal, I'd go for it. :)

Edited by WakeGirl

The asking price sounds about right. Not sure on the trade.

I'd add as much balast as possible. If the bow ballast is available I'd get it. I'd also switch to the Power Wedge = better surfing possibilities. I've got the docking lights, but they are pure bling - no real use at all. Loose 'em if you need to widdle down the cost.

You'll love the TIII. Titan rocks.

12% is good. I agree with chatham on the trade. I got 21.5 (or so) for my 96LX just last spring. I had a tower, speakers and all the garb, not sure what you have on yours. If you don't have a tower and the rest, you're getting a good trade price. Even if it is a little low for the boat, selling a boat isn't much fun.

Rankin will have you verify measurements.

Congrats on the new Bu!

Thanks,

JT

Hey JT,

Rankin is based here in WA, Snohomish to be exact. For the longest time Bake's Malibu was the only dealer selling them. The last few years he's getting a lot of good press on the various wakeboard forums so he's busy as all he11. At various times, he's had problems keeping up with the demand so dealers have tried to sway people to use other covers. But their worth it. Lawrence, Sean M., & Dave H. each have Rankin covers & trailer their boats covered on the freeway all the time. I can give you phone numbers for each of them & you can talk to them about their experiences. Their well worth it & will fit your boat like a glove.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
I'd add as much balast as possible. If the bow ballast is available I'd get it. I'd also switch to the Power Wedge = better surfing possibilities. I've got the docking lights, but they are pure bling - no real use at all. Loose 'em if you need to widdle down the cost.

Chathamsolutions,

I would like the power wedge but it's nearly a 2K upgrade from the manual... Can't swing it at this time...

I would be using the docking lights for just that, pulling onto a boat lift at my dock. Do you think they will work for that? That would be the only application I would use them for.

When talking to the dealer, he said they don't shine out very far. He also mentioned that a customer stuck some brighter bulbs in the lights that helped??

Thanks,

JT

Hey JT,

Rankin is based here in WA, Snohomish to be exact. For the longest time Bake's Malibu was the only dealer selling them. The last few years he's getting a lot of good press on the various wakeboard forums so he's busy as all he11. At various times, he's had problems keeping up with the demand so dealers have tried to sway people to use other covers. But their worth it. Lawrence, Sean M., & Dave H. each have Rankin covers & trailer their boats covered on the freeway all the time. I can give you phone numbers for each of them & you can talk to them about their experiences. Their well worth it & will fit your boat like a glove.

Hey Bill,

I appreciate the info... I do so little trailering and when I do, normally don't have the cover on the boat. Based on that, I will probably go with the the factory cover. The cover on my SLX lasted 5 plus years... When the new one fails, I will probably look at upgrading to the Rankin...

Is the newer black cover that you have a Rankin?

Thanks,

JT

Chathamsolutions,

I would like the power wedge but it's nearly a 2K upgrade from the manual... Can't swing it at this time...

I would be using the docking lights for just that, pulling onto a boat lift at my dock. Do you think they will work for that? That would be the only application I would use them for.

When talking to the dealer, he said they don't shine out very far. He also mentioned that a customer stuck some brighter bulbs in the lights that helped??

Thanks,

JT

Hey JT,

Hey Bill,

I appreciate the info... I do so little trailering and when I do, normally don't have the cover on the boat. Based on that, I will probably go with the the factory cover. The cover on my SLX lasted 5 plus years... When the new one fails, I will probably look at upgrading to the Rankin...

Thanks,

JT

Personally, I like the docking lights. They work VERY well at my parents house when you are coming in late at night. However it is PITCH BLACK around their docks. You flip em on and it lights up the whole area from a hundred feet out or so.

Around a landing with lots of lights, they don't help much. So if it is really dark around your lift, I would recommend them.

That said...my boat is used, so someone may have switched the bulbs...

Dave

Personally, I like the docking lights. They work VERY well at my parents house when you are coming in late at night. However it is PITCH BLACK around their docks. You flip em on and it lights up the whole area from a hundred feet out or so.

Around a landing with lots of lights, they don't help much. So if it is really dark around your lift, I would recommend them.

That said...my boat is used, so someone may have switched the bulbs...

Dave

Thanks Dave,

That's good info. When we are coming in after dark, it will be very dark around the dock. Sounds like the lights will work for my application.

JT

Chathamsolutions,

Thanks,

JT

Hey JT,

Hey Bill,

Thanks,

JT

Nope, my black cover is not a Rankin. It's made of the same Sunbrella material, but doesn't cinch down nearly as well. Based on that, and the experiences several of our riding friends have had with the Rankin, I'll probably stick it out for a Rankin the next time around.

The Halogen Docking Lights shine to the side as much as they do forward. They give you a nice line of site, and are well constructed. I have seen some, Regal is a good example, that are simply gooped with silicone and shove in a hole. Malibus are tight, stainless, and I personally have not seen one yet that took in water. Worth the $$ IMO.

GregS,

21,500 for a 96 LX is generous IMO...not that it means anything. The 17,000 Peachy is talking about is more realistic. You musta had one stellar 96 if you got that kind of trade in for it.

21,500 for a 96 LX is alot of money, as far as trade value.

Edited by Madmanacrossthewater
GregS,

21,500 for a 96 LX is generous IMO...not that it means anything. The 17,000 Peachy is talking about is more realistic. You musta had one stellar 96 if you got that kind of trade in for it.

21,500 for a 96 LX is alot of money, as far as trade value.

It was in stellar condition, beginning of the season and in Socal, so I agree that those conditions are as good as its going to get for selling a boat. It also had all of the accessories that someone would want for boarding and it also had a nice set up for tunes.