Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

running pumps in parallel vs series.

cowwboy

I'm running aerator pumps for my fill/drain and was wanting to speed things up some.

Would it be faster if I ran the pumps in series or parallel?

Has anyone tried running the pumps in series?

So how do I add more ports to my 1100lb bag?

Run a fill through the vent line with a T fitting and a pressure relief valve to vent.

Add a pump and run the line

For more detail you have to ask a more detailed question. however to get the bag to fill faster you do need to run in parallel.

But if I run a drain line of the top of the bag it will have a much higher chance of cavitation.

So I would need to add a drain line to the bottom rear of the bag to run a second 1200 or even switch to a 1.5 in port for a 3300 rule.

You wont be able to drain from the top. the larger line and larger pump would be the easiest way to increas speed of fill and drain operations.

Even with the 3/4" inlet, it will still fill faster if you have a larger thru hull, pump and hoses going to it. The higher volume of water will go into the 3/4 at a higher PSI, thus filling faster.

But on that theory I could just run two 800's in series.

That will not increast the flow of water, just the distance that the water will travel. The second pump can only pump the water that the first has alread pumped.