Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Picked Up My 2004 Wakesetter LSV 23 Red Today!!

Spicoli

Well I finally pulled the trigger on a boat and couldn't be happier. I searched all summer and finally found the right boat. I took it for a test drive this morning with the previous owner at Lake Elsinore, CA and was very impressed with it. It handled great, smooth shifting, and felt solid. It's definitely a different feel coming from a Baja. Once we got off the water, I ran her over to Paradise Watersports in Riverside for a computer check of the hours and final inspection. I didn't know this but I guess the ECM on these things records everything in heavy detail. It gave a breakdown of time spent in certain RPM speeds as well as any time during detonation, misfiring, etc. The hours were actually 2-3 less than what was recorded on the hour ticker. I guess this happens just when you have the key turned halfway running the radio or somethin. Anyways, we closed the detail, I picked up a couple extra goodies while I was at the dealer and took her home for some TLC. Apologies for the iPhone pics, better pics to come. Can't wait to wakeboard and wakesurf this thing!

After her checkup at Paradise Watersports:

MalibuLSV233.jpg

Home after a quick wash and shampooing of the cover:

MalibuLSV232.jpg

Let me know what you guys think! Stoked to be part of the crew..

I love the boat!!

What tower is that? Not used to seeing that tower on a bu.

I'm not sure man, member another member can chime in and inform us both. I was thinking about looking for an Illusion tower, but I saw an Illusion tower at the dealer that had sheared clean off about two feet above the driver's seat. The owner was NOT happy to say the least.

Appreciate the comments guys. Please share any words of wisdom or links to threads about this boat you feel would be helpful cause this is my first tow boat and I'm eager to learn.

That tower was made by Skylon, it was called the swoop and made for that boat. It's not the same tower as the swoop on the 21' boats. IIRC, that tower was only available on '04 23 LSV's.

Nice looking boat! :clap:

In GA we call those Bulldog colors... (go DAWGS!)

I love my 04 LSV. Perfect wakeboard wake with the standard ballast and wedge.

I was surprised on the surfing though... you will need to buy lots of extra ballast to sink the LSV wide body for a proper surf wake.

Enjoy! Looking forward to more pics.

Nice looking boat! :clap:

In GA we call those Bulldog colors... (go DAWGS!)

I love my 04 LSV. Perfect wakeboard wake with the standard ballast and wedge.

I was surprised on the surfing though... you will need to buy lots of extra ballast to sink the LSV wide body for a proper surf wake.

Enjoy! Looking forward to more pics.

Nice boat dude, more pics.. I'll have more pics of the boat after Labor Day..

What's your ballast set up like and how's the surf wake now? Will something like this get it done along with the wedge and ballast tanks? Most of the time I'll have 5+ people in the boat as well: http://www.waterskiworld.com/wakeenhancers/Fly_High_Fatsac/flyhigh_fat_sacs/flyhigh_fat_sacs_0.html

And it's more like Fight On! (Son is a Trojan)

Welcome to the site!

Ditto on all the comments about your new Malibu!

There is a bunch of information on this site and people who know Malibu...look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome to the site!

Ditto on all the comments about your new Malibu!

There is a bunch of information on this site and people who know Malibu...look forward to seeing you around.

Thanks dude

b*tchin ride, digging the white trailer too. Someone already welcomed you to the 2004 club, well welcome to the LSV club (its not quite as exclusive but still a pretty good club if you ask me).

edit: If you plan on surfing I would not get anything less than 750's I have the 750's and I could easily see using the 1100's. For wakeboarding just partial fill and off you go. I've just started dabbling with more than stock weight and let me tell you, you put a little extra in the back and my goodness that thing becomes a monster. Add a tad up front to help you plane out again and drop the wedge if you like it lippy. Then get the acme 1235 or oj fusion for more holeshot and you've got a wake monster.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

Congrats! I did the same thing as you, just two weeks earlier. 2004 23 LSV :) I am loving mine and sure you will yours. Just added an 1100lb sack in place of the stock hard ballast and am going to give the surf a try tonight. Enjoy!

Nice boat dude, more pics.. I'll have more pics of the boat after Labor Day..

What's your ballast set up like and how's the surf wake now? Will something like this get it done along with the wedge and ballast tanks? Most of the time I'll have 5+ people in the boat as well: http://www.waterskiworld.com/wakeenhancers/Fly_High_Fatsac/flyhigh_fat_sacs/flyhigh_fat_sacs_0.html

And it's more like Fight On! (Son is a Trojan)

On the set up, here's what we do for surf...

- MLS ballast - center (60%) and rear (100%)

- 750 sac in the rear compartment

- 370 sac under the middle seats

- 400 sac on front seat

- 10 - 12.5 MPH (I surf at 12.5, but not sure if its 100% correct)

- Manual Wedge - it depends on how many people whether its up or down; sometimes it's cleaner up; mostly down

- Usually 4 to 5 adults

It took a lot of trial and error to get it right (meaning I kept buying add'l bags). This should give you a really nice surf wake. Nobody should be disappointed. Also, I do like the Pro X Series fat sacs. The sizes I listed fit perfect in the LSV compartments. (Other than the one on the front seat)

Munch - thanks for sharing your setup buddy! Did you feel the need to swap to more of high altitude/torque prop with the extra weight? I'm have the 340 Monsoon, not sure what you have.

Deephaven - Hey congratulations dude! Slick looking boat. How was that surf wake??

The baby just went in for tint today. I'm a little nervous as to how its going to look; I'll have it back tomorrow.

BoatGettingTint.jpg

Munch - thanks for sharing your setup buddy! Did you feel the need to swap to more of high altitude/torque prop with the extra weight? I'm have the 340 Monsoon, not sure what you have.

Deephaven - Hey congratulations dude! Slick looking boat. How was that surf wake??

The baby just went in for tint today. I'm a little nervous as to how its going to look; I'll have it back tomorrow.

BoatGettingTint.jpg

Sweet boat... I just picked up an 04 WS 23 LSV as well.

Did your tinter have any problems with the curved glass? What percent did you go with?

Thanks

Sweet boat... I just picked up an 04 WS 23 LSV as well.

Did your tinter have any problems with the curved glass? What percent did you go with?

Thanks

Ryan - congrats on your purchase. A couple new '04 WS owners on this thread already, very cool.

I went with 20%, same as my cars and most factory tint on cars. He said the curved glass is more difficult, especially when the pieces are as big as they are on these boats. It took him a little over 3 hours to do it. If you're looking at getting it done, I'd see if you can get somebody that has done a couple curved glass applications before. I used these guys: http://www.precision-tinting.com/ in Thousand Oaks, CA.

malibutint1.jpg

malibutint3.jpg

malibutint2-1.jpg