Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malivue Malfunctioning

I was out on the lake last weekend and I was getting ready to surf and look up and the presets where going off, it would randomly turn on a Wakeboarding preset or Go Home preset etc., without us selecting this. About 5 minutes before I put it on the trailer I made sure the wedge was up, when I got it out of the water the wedge was all the way down. I have a 2010 23LSV with about 50 hrs, can someone help?

Thanks,

Do you have the rear Mux switch in the rear seat. I believe you can change presets with that panel. Maybe someone had their leg or foot up against it. I have had the radio change and heater come on due to passengers hitting those buttons without knowing it. I have never checked for sure to see if the presets can be selected on the rear switch but I know they can be selected from the right switch panel on the dash. You might check that.

My winter project is to figure some sort of a hinged cover for that rear switch panel. It would be great if Malibu came out with a cover you could buy to cover that up and allow passengers to just flip it up when they want to make changes.

Do you have the rear Mux switch in the rear seat. I believe you can change presets with that panel. Maybe someone had their leg or foot up against it. I have had the radio change and heater come on due to passengers hitting those buttons without knowing it. I have never checked for sure to see if the presets can be selected on the rear switch but I know they can be selected from the right switch panel on the dash. You might check that.

My winter project is to figure some sort of a hinged cover for that rear switch panel. It would be great if Malibu came out with a cover you could buy to cover that up and allow passengers to just flip it up when they want to make changes.

This is the reason I went without it...

I do not have the rear MUX on my boat, all of the controls are at the dash, not sure if its related but my heater option keeps going away and I have to keep reprogramming the MUX to get it back.

Sounds like the dealer should be contacted, you should be covered under the warranty. If my memory serves me correct, I think there a diagnosis feature on the Maliview, have you tried running this?

I went out to the garage to take a look at the diagnoses feature and about 1 minute after I turned the battery on and was picking up a few things the tanks started emptying in my garage, the malivue had selected the pre-set to "go home", where it empties the tanks so I had to kill the battery. Dealer was closed all weekend, going to call tomorrow to get it taken in.