Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast ideas

Brad B

Our mods were fairly simple but very effective.

Replaced ski locker fill pump with a 1000gph and fashioned a Y valve so we could connect a hose to fill other bags in the boat.

Found a Y that doesn't restirct very much flow.

Then used some elbows to make a U to make it easier to connect the extemporaneous hose.

Tried quick disconnects but they all restricted flow too much.

Can fill the locker and bags in the bow seats at the same time at the flick of a switch.

Also removed the rear tanks and replaced with 440 lb Launch Pads.

Empty pumps are in the rear on the bottom and fill is just extended hose from the original - did add a Brady check valve to avoid any syphoning effect.

No need for bleeder hose with sacs but be sure to plug the thru hull where they were or you may takee on a lot of unwanted "free range" ballast.

Edited by Brad B
and a Target bag makes a great plug for that extra hole if your already on the water ;)...it could even last a whole season if ya want ;)

tj-

I take it, that you had to do this. :lol:ROFL.gif

Great looking set up. Now what do you do for surfing? were do you add the extra bag?

Edited by D-GOOSE

Fill all MLS and drop the wedge.

Put both 200s in the bow on the surf side.

Put Alvie on the back deck surf side.

Put someone in the sling on surf side.

All other VAB - surf side.

That oughta do it.

'03s need more in the bow than 04s and up so an 04 can be just VAB or a 200lb sac.

I like the 200s cuz they are easier to move once filled.

I'll have to try having ALL mls full. I have been running the none surf side empty. I think I may need to pick up a Alvie at the local bar! :lol: But a better idea I had, was to just have 4 chicks on the boat and a third fat sac. Biggrin.gif

When your talking about 03 to 04 thats with the LSV'S????? and not the VlX???

But a better idea I had, was to just have 4 chicks on the boat and a third fat sac. Biggrin.gif

There ya go!!!!!

Yes LSV not VLX

VLX may not need as much bow either.

But slammin the back corner has been most effective for us - as long as we get some up front too to make the wedge work better.

I'll have to try having ALL mls full. I have been running the none surf side empty. I think I may need to pick up a Alvie at the local bar! :lol: But a better idea I had, was to just have 4 chicks on the boat and a third fat sac. Biggrin.gif

Only four chicks does not equal one Alvie. Alvie and Big John are priceless...Here's one Alvie: (notice rubrail location)

gallery_5_3_52686.jpg

keep in mind that the boat next to Brad's is our Tanrum with Big John on the corner of it and the rubrails are almost the same height, Brad and crew really know how to slam a boat.

keep in mind that the boat next to Brad's is our Tanrum with Big John on the corner of it and the rubrails are almost the same height, Brad and crew really know how to slam a boat.

Keep in mind there is no water ballast in there...load that up and the gas cap is under water when combined with the VAB!

Only four chicks does not equal one Alvie. Alvie and Big John are priceless...Here's one Alvie: (notice rubrail location)

gallery_5_3_52686.jpg

Is Alvie making underarm fart noises ?? Shame on him. Biggrin.gif

And when its all workin jus rite

gallery_153_3_74777.jpg

So you are showing that Alvie can't walk on the water but, he can sit on it... Surprised.gif

Edited by RiverRunner