Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new TXi for sale

bamabonners

:plus1: They dumped the Isotta Zulag for that thing? Crazy.gif

:plus1: If I bought a new bu that wheel would be gone as soon as it got home!! :vomit:

Terry

i must be minority, i dig the wheel. my buddy drove my VLX and said the wheel was much better for visibility.

Most of all, I am diggin the black bezel and glovebox. That rocks!

That steering wheel has been the standard since the 2011s came out. I think the ride series still gets the more traditional wheel. To be honest I hated it too until I saw one in person. The single spoke looks really hokey in pictures. The new windshield looks like a step backwards in styling. The pillars on the previous MH2 windshield were not a visibility issue to me. Looks more like a cost reduction with a clever marketing spin.

Off topic, who ever does the ordering for that dealer must be color blind. Many of their stock boat gel schemes are too busy with clashing colors.

That's the only one they don't list the price for....generally a bad sign. I like the windshield, looks like my six year old one!

Off topic, who ever does the ordering for that dealer must be color blind. Many of their stock boat gel schemes are too busy with clashing colors.

That color scheme is brutal...!

Off topic, who ever does the ordering for that dealer must be color blind. Many of their stock boat gel schemes are too busy with clashing colors. That color scheme is brutal...!

I agree. I was at the malibu open and there were 3 TXi's on shore including this one and 2 on the water and this one is by far the worst. Tinus Marine really messed up when they ordered this one.

That steering wheel has been the standard since the 2011s came out. I think the ride series still gets the more traditional wheel. To be honest I hated it too until I saw one in person. The single spoke looks really hokey in pictures. The new windshield looks like a step backwards in styling. The pillars on the previous MH2 windshield were not a visibility issue to me. Looks more like a cost reduction with a clever marketing spin.Off topic, who ever does the ordering for that dealer must be color blind. Many of their stock boat gel schemes are too busy with clashing colors.

I think boom had a lot to do with shortening it since the old windshield was quite problematic.

That's the only one they don't list the price for....generally a bad sign. I like the windshield, looks like my six year old one!

It's the only 2012...new model year boats don't get prices for territorial reasons and why you have to call

I think boom had a lot to do with shortening it since the old windshield was quite problematic.

No, boom mounting had nothing to do with it. There is no issue using a boom on a RLXi from 07-up, and on an 03-06 a Bemman worked fine.

Peter

I am 95% sure that the reason for the shorter windshield is to make it easier for the driver to put their head over the side of the boat when talking to/seeing their skier. The boom had a little bit of an influence too. My friends 06 lxi has to have the boom bent back to accomodate the windshield so it is not completely perpendicular to the boat but it is not too bad. Also, the T in TXi stands for tournament. All the other competing tournament towboats have shorter windshields. Malibu wants this boat to be more geared toward tournament skiers with the ski family as well. The new windshield makes the boat look like it belongs with the 200's and PS 197's: a tournament-worthy ski boat.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the huge windshield in the 03-06's and 07-11's so I think the TXi is the best looking and possibly performing response to date. Yes, the barefoot wake is not going to be as nice as a non-diamond hull but thats okay. It's still pretty damn good and it only makes you a better skier. I will work for a slalom pull behind any response LXi any day and the TXi wake is going to be nicer that an LXi. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by jaciche

No, boom mounting had nothing to do with it. There is no issue using a boom on a RLXi from 07-up, and on an 03-06 a Bemman worked fine.

Peter

Not saying you couldn't use a boom with prior rlxi's but they were harder to fit. I had to use a vdrive boom. I'm around a lot of response owners with their old unusable straight booms sitting in their garage. New windshield design looks like it may help that.

I agree. I was at the malibu open and there were 3 TXi's on shore including this one and 2 on the water and this one is by far the worst. Tinus Marine really messed up when they ordered this one.

No kidding, they didn't even order it with zero off.

Not sure why they changed the name of the boat. Its just a tweaked version of the Lxi. Looks identical except for the new windshield and added stripe on the side of the boat. Kind of a disappointment, I was expecting an all new boat. Edit: From what I have now read its a new hull. Even though it doesn't look like it from the pictures I have seen. Also, the reviews I have read have been raving about the new wake. Should be as good or better than the 200 or Carbon Pro

Also, I don't like the weighted steering wheel. By the time you load the rudder and now you have this goofy weighted steering wheel it feels strange driving it (2011 Lxi).

Edited by Sullivan

Not saying you couldn't use a boom with prior rlxi's but they were harder to fit. I had to use a vdrive boom. I'm around a lot of response owners with their old unusable straight booms sitting in their garage. New windshield design looks like it may help that.

A straight boom hasn't fit a Malibu since the '98 Response. And in most cases, not used since the pre-94 Malibu Skiers and Euro f3's. The same curved boom has fit all direct drive Malibu's since, except for the 03-06 RLXi. (That boat needed a 17" offset and an extension instead of the more traditional 14" offset)

A curved boom is not harder to fit, mounts nice and low on the pylon, and it doesn't block the walk-way. Anyone that purchased a V-drive boom for a direct drive bought the wrong boom.

Peter

A straight boom hasn't fit a Malibu since the '98 Response. And in most cases, not used since the pre-94 Malibu Skiers and Euro f3's. The same curved boom has fit all direct drive Malibu's since, except for the 03-06 RLXi. (That boat needed a 17" offset and an extension instead of the more traditional 14" offset)

A curved boom is not harder to fit, mounts nice and low on the pylon, and it doesn't block the walk-way. Anyone that purchased a V-drive boom for a direct drive bought the wrong boom.

Peter

Correct. And there a lot of people with straight booms in their garage who would like to use them. Maybe doesn't even fit, but it does look possible. Point is, making customers buy new booms turned some people off, and as you may recall, finding booms to fit, at least in the early years, was difficult.

And as to my vdrive boom on my lxi, I didn't buy it for it, I just said I had to use it :lol: . Just happened to have the vdrive already, but it actually fit great.