Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Rpm Wire

npavento

I'm installing Perfect pass in my 2001 Sunsetter and just wanted to check to make sure I have the wiring right. I am looking for the RPM signal wire, I have the Medallion MDC-1600. Someone else here posted the like to a MDC trouble shooting guide which was real helpful. See the attached photo, is this the wire that I need to tap into for the RPM signal? Thanks for your help in advance.

-Nick

post-11755-094928800 1313160999_thumb.jp

If you pull the dash gauges, there should be a pigtail on the left hand side where you can pick it up easier.

It will be the solid grey wires. (If you follow the wire your arrow points to, you should see it go up into the gauge cluster through the big hole near the walk-thru.

There should also be black & purple pigtails there too - if I remember correctly (it's been a few years).

Edited by wienrdog

I'm installing Perfect pass in my 2001 Sunsetter and just wanted to check to make sure I have the wiring right. I am looking for the RPM signal wire, I have the Medallion MDC-1600. Someone else here posted the like to a MDC trouble shooting guide which was real helpful. See the attached photo, is this the wire that I need to tap into for the RPM signal? Thanks for your help in advance.

-Nick

post-11755-094928800 1313160999_thumb.jp

:plus1: gray wire behind the guages