Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu's in the Norther VA region

LostBoys

Looking for a good mechanic.... So far the best I can find is 55 min South at Lake Anna. "Lake Country Marine". Has anyone used them before? They seem to be very busy when calling them on the phone.

Ok, let's get this out of the way first. Stealing a phrase from David EM, choosing a boat repair shop in the middle of the boating season is like choosing the leper with the most fingers. Having said that.........

I have not done business with Lake Country Marine. I pass by there every weekend, but rarely see any Malibu boats around. While they are a Malibu dealer, I don't think they have much experience with them. I could be wrong. Their focus seems to be on jet skis, pontoon boats, and jet boats.

The Boat Shop at the 208 bridge (Lake Anna) has done lots of work for me and my friends. They are a certified Indmar shop, so they know your engine well. The owner is a good guy and will treat you right.

Lake Region Repair is another Indmar certified shop at Anna. I would stay far, far, away from them.

Chessie Marine in Elkton Md is my dealer of choice for Malibu service work. You are almost equal distance between Lake Anna or Elkton.

Btw, are you Dave? Did you buy your boat from Derek?

Looking for a good mechanic.... So far the best I can find is 55 min South at Lake Anna. "Lake Country Marine". Has anyone used them before? They seem to be very busy when calling them on the phone.

I use Lake Country Marine all the time. We store the boat down there so it's easy, we call Jill down there and they take care of any issues we might have. Pricing seems to be competitative from what I've looked at and heard from everyone on line.

As for the number of Malibu's, they are a generally new dealer (didn't become a Malibu dealer until 2007-08 I think). They just got a new sales person there and I think you'll start seeing more Malibu's and Yamaha's being sold down there in the future.

Ok, let's get this out of the way first. Stealing a phrase from David EM, choosing a boat repair shop in the middle of the boating season is like choosing the leper with the most fingers. Having said that.........

I have not done business with Lake Country Marine. I pass by there every weekend, but rarely see any Malibu boats around. While they are a Malibu dealer, I don't think they have much experience with them. I could be wrong. Their focus seems to be on jet skis, pontoon boats, and jet boats.

The Boat Shop at the 208 bridge (Lake Anna) has done lots of work for me and my friends. They are a certified Indmar shop, so they know your engine well. The owner is a good guy and will treat you right.

Lake Region Repair is another Indmar certified shop at Anna. I would stay far, far, away from them.

Chessie Marine in Elkton Md is my dealer of choice for Malibu service work. You are almost equal distance between Lake Anna or Elkton.

Btw, are you Dave? Did you buy your boat from Derek?

Definitely not Derek's old boat, his was an 05 and is all black with a white top deck. PS: have you heard Pauly ordered the pickle?

To the OP, I'm from PA but used to live in Arlington and I leave my boat at a friends house at Anna for a few weekends in the spring and fall. 2nd vote here for The Boat Shop on 208. They are a Supra dealer, but Rob knows his stuff and will fix anything. I've got friends with different inboard brands who have been to several shops at Anna and the consensus amongst all of them has always been the Boat Shop.

Definitely not Derek's old boat, his was an 05 and is all black with a white top deck. PS: have you heard Pauly ordered the pickle?

To the OP, I'm from PA but used to live in Arlington and I leave my boat at a friends house at Anna for a few weekends in the spring and fall. 2nd vote here for The Boat Shop on 208. They are a Supra dealer, but Rob knows his stuff and will fix anything. I've got friends with different inboard brands who have been to several shops at Anna and the consensus amongst all of them has always been the Boat Shop.

I not only heard he ordered the pickle, but I'm sooooo stoked to see it! Seriously diggin' the pics, but you just don't know a boat until you spend some time with it. (There is a hot babe analogy in there somewhere)

To the crew.......we will all have to work extra hard to undo the damage that Pauly will do to the wholesome Malibu image.

To the OP...........come and hang with the Anna crew. It will be a life changing experience. (seriously) PM if interested.

To Pauly......try to keep this one above water!

I've been using Lake Country Marine for just over a year. Very professional and pricing has been reasonable. My boat is actually in their shop right now. Advertised wait was 1.5 weeks for service when I dropped it off. They called in 4 days and said it was done. Two good mechanics who will explain anything to you that you want to know. Best shop I've found within and hour of Richmond.

I not only heard he ordered the pickle, but I'm sooooo stoked to see it! Seriously diggin' the pics, but you just don't know a boat until you spend some time with it. (There is a hot babe analogy in there somewhere)

Lol, if my memory serves me correctly you didn't like the idea at first. I'm excited to see the boat and wake, wish he was getting it sooner than December though. He mentioned it having 2 wakeplates/trim tabs which is really suprising to me.

I just dropped my boat of at Lake Country Marine for the first time. This will be my first time for warranty work on my new boat and I expect all will go well. Initially, I did get some push back from Jill regarding the warranty work. Jill wanted to me to go my delivering dealer for the repair. (I did not purchase my boat from Lake Country Marine because they did not have any 247s in stock and the only option was to order a 2012. My wife was ready for a new boat - so I had to strike while the iron was hot. :thumbup: ) I told Jill that I wanted to start a relationship with the Lake Country and that it was impossible for me to go back to my delivery dealer (900 miles away). Jill tracked down the owner and he seemed very excited to have me as a new customer. He took the time to show me his service shop and the boat stowage areas.

I did agree to do a twenty hour service, despite the fact that I already had one done - which I did not tell them it was already completed. I did not want them to feel like I am not willing to give them my business. I really want to have a strong relationship with the Marina.

They seem like really nice people and I think they know what they are doing. They just picked up Centurion and are expanding their operations a lot. (Larger store front, larger shop, and expanding indoor boat stowage.

The Boat Shop is an awesome place. Rob is great and he worked on my Supra for years. I drop the boat off and Rob usually calls one or two days later saying boat is complete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Are the reviews and information on this thread still accurate? I'm about to close the deal on a 2005 23' LSV with low hours and would like to find a new mechanic. I'm coming from a Sea Ray, so that was easy. We go mostly on the Potomac and Anna. Thanks

Lake country doesn't carry Malibu anymore, but they are the only place on Anna I'll take my boat. I've got their lead inboard mechanic programed in my cell phone, and regardless of day or night, Dennis will answer the call. I've always found that they take care of customers who truly use their boat. I know that in the spring, I will call to get the boat prepped and they'll quote me 3-4 weeks, and lo and behold it's ready by the weekend. They know me and my family and know that we'll be on the water from Easter to Halloween so they want us to enjoy the boat. The people who want the boat ready the friday before memorial day, put 10 hours on it for the year and winterize in on the tuesday after labor day don't get the same attention. If they see us getting fuel, or packing up at the end of the day, they always check to see if the boat is doing well, if there's anything they need (they keep checking to see if we need a new FS44).

Head down there, Talk with Jill, Al, Chuck or Dennis. They'll take care of you.

Lake Country was never actually a approved Malibu dealer based on what Chessie Marine was telling me. Again this is just what I hear. I have never had dealings with them but I do know that what happened had to do with dealer territory etc.

I ordered my boat through lcm so I don't know how they wouldn't be an approved dealer. Malibu rep attended boat shows with them, lcm attended dealer meetings etc. Maybe there are different levels of approved dealers.

What I heard was that the were not willing to take on the new mandatory floor plan of 1 of every model boat. There just isnt much demand for responses and other ski boats on 11000 acre lakes.

Are the reviews and information on this thread still accurate? I'm about to close the deal on a 2005 23' LSV with low hours and would like to find a new mechanic. I'm coming from a Sea Ray, so that was easy. We go mostly on the Potomac and Anna. Thanks

I'm pretty sure Rob at the boat shop does more inboard repair work than anyone in the region. Skyskier is also living at the lake full time and may be able to help you out if he sees this.

I don't know all the details on why LCM is no longer the Malibu dealer, but they definitely were at one time (or were at least given a temporary shot at it). Wake Edgers is the new place that's currently selling Malibu and Axis at LKA. I have heard Wake Edgers and Chessie are fighting over the territory though.

I thought wake edgers was a "satillite" operation of Chessie and that they were selling Chessie's boats. I could see Chessie and Centerville fighting over the territory (ran into that when I bought my first Bu. Then LCM was selling them and that's where I got the current boat.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll give LCM a call. Any info on progress for their boatel expansion? Currently have no covered storage...any suggestions in the area?

WakeEdgers is selling for Centerville, definitely not Chessie.

Storage? Lake Anna Mini Storage across from Food Lion has 10x30ft garages 11ft high? with security pin access. Electrical outlets inside each.

• 6 months later...

Bringing this one back from the dead with an update based on what I know from having just recently bought a new Malibu:

WakeEdgers is remote satellite for Centerville. Chessie's showroom and normal service is based out of Elkton, MD. Malibu has setup with Lake Region repair for warranty work at LKA. As it's been explained to me, the territory has been split that everything south of Lake Anna is Centerville/WakeEgers, Everything North is Chessie, and the lake is now a grey area.

First off, I love the folks at WakeEdgers, Larry and Denise are wonderful people, Kyle is a huge positive influence for the Lake Anna watersports community; and I will support their shop whenever I can.

Chessie marine has Andy Palko who is also a great guy and IMO has really changed my view of Chessie from when I bought my last boat (Centurion) there 10 years ago. I've had the pleasure of doing an expo show at Christmas time with him and he's always there to support the show.

Thus, having a house on LKA and one in NoVA, I had the conundrum of where to buy a boat from knowing that I am going to look for best service options combined with price.

Unfortunately, I will NEVER, and I cannot put enough emphasis on the NEVER, take my boat back to Lake Region for anything, warranty or basic service. Thus, I bought my boat from Chessie, which is a hike for me - but they are going to run a mechanic in a truck for warranty service during the summer, and for everything else I go to the Boat Shop - Rob has treated me right for nearly 10 years, helping me when in need with a centurion I bought from Lake Region as well as helping random friends of mine when visiting and having issues with their boats and so on. He's also an indmar certified mechanic so engine warranty work can be handled here.

The folks at Lake Country Marine, I don't know them at all so I can not speak to their character or abilities. I do know that they've been more interested in selling yamaha's then the Bu's and were not very willing to work on price when I tried to talk them a few years ago when they did have Malibu.

Cheers!

• 5 years later...

Hello All!

i need to bump this thread. I have a 2012 Malibu Txi. 500 hours. I damaged the prop on river debris and need the prop pulled and hopefully repaired. In addition I do want a good Malibu mechanic to give the boat a good look and maintenance this year since I’m unsure what previous owner did. I live in Alexandria. Who are the closest but most reputable Malibu shops for this area ??  Thanks! -Brad