Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Owner of a Classic Malibu

CBDuner

I traded my Seadoo Speedster for this 1986 Malibu Skier. Think I came out just a tad bit ahead. :rockon: Needless to say, I'm very happy with this boat! This is my first Malibu, or ski boat of any kind. Have had it out a few times at the local lake and a 4 day trip to Shasta. It's extremely clean for the age and runs great! Looking forward to enjoying this boat for years to come. This forum is great, been reading a lot and have learned a ton. Luckily the stringers and floor are both in great shape, but I'm sure there's rot in there somewhere, so eventually this thing will be getting a full restore. But until then I'll just enjoy it on the lake!

223876_267657623247578_100000100267903_1282349_4819181_n.jpg

216691_267657696580904_100000100267903_1282351_2168853_n.jpg

215120_267657739914233_100000100267903_1282352_6923043_n.jpg

283912_267657789914228_100000100267903_1282353_1474141_n.jpg

288337_267657069914300_100000100267903_1282347_1644921_o.jpg

Very clean and nice boat. Love the innovative idea of the bimini and that engine looks sharp, doesn’t seems to be rusted up or gunk all over it. Nice find! And welcome to the club! :yahoo::clap:

Yes, welcome to the Crew and the square windshield club. Very nice looking boat and I hope it gives you years of fun on the water! '

Thanks guys! About to head out to the lake now. Picked up a Ten Foot Pole, need to try it out.

To answer some questions: The guy I traded with has 7 boats according to him, and hes big into Jetskis. His knees are getting too bad for Jetskis, so my old Speedster was the next best thing. I loved that thing, but it's apples to oranges with the Malibu.

I'm in Coos Bay, OR.

My custom bimini was a $39 dollar 9' umbrella I picked up from Costco on the way down to Shasta. Just rubber hose clamped it to the pylon, opened up when idling or stopped, folded it down when on the move.

Very cool boat! Welcome to the Malibu Crew. As a new Crew Member myself I can"t say enough good things about this site. Unbelievable resource and the other members are always willing to help out with advice and sharing their experience. Enjoy

Edited by Calgary25LSV

Very cool boat! Welcome to the Malibu Crew. As a new Crew Member myself I can"t say enough good things about this site. Unbelievable resource and the other members are always willing to help out with advice and sharing their experience. Enjoy

I have to echo this comment. :werule:

BUT!!!

You will see the Crew always has a way to help you spend your money!! :lol:

Now you need a tower :whistle: Here is another Skier with a powder coated Series 2

Beautiful boat! Love the classics! Yahoo.gif

Mine had a Series I on it. I loved it!

Skier.jpg

Love the towers. It'll get one eventually. Just started a family and the way the economy...blah blah blah. I'm just happy to have a boat right now! :) And I'll just slowly fix, clean, buff, polish and add stuff over the years. Thanks for the warm welcome and nice comments. :thumbup:

martinarcher

Love the towers. It'll get one eventually. Just started a family and the way the economy...blah blah blah. I'm just happy to have a boat right now! :) And I'll just slowly fix, clean, buff, polish and add stuff over the years. Thanks for the warm welcome and nice comments. :thumbup:

Understandable! Well keep us updated with pics of her as you polish and buff her to a shine! There's a good many of us in the Square Windshield Club that would love to see the pics! Biggrin.gif

Congrats again on your new Bu!

Beautiful boat! Love the classics! Yahoo.gif

Mine had a Series I on it. I loved it!

Skier.jpg

Hyjack:

How much wieght and where do you put it to surf that boat?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Great looking boat!

'