Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Meet the 2012 Lineup

Malibudude

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• bamabonners

• Brett B

• Fman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after looking at the current product line, it appears that i'll never buy a brand new skiboat as long as i live. i know i've been bitching and moaning, but i'll continue anyways. the boats are too busy now, smooth clean timeless lines have been replaced with bling and gimmicks. i hope someone up top decides the company needs to go back to boats designed with watersports as the main focus.

after looking at the current product line, it appears that i'll never buy a brand new skiboat as long as i live. i know i've been bitching and moaning, but i'll continue anyways. the boats are too busy now, smooth clean timeless lines have been replaced with bling and gimmicks. i hope someone up top decides the company needs to go back to boats designed with watersports as the main focus.

Can someone explain riley's gripe to me? What has been "replaced" with bling and gimmicks? They still make riley's EXACT same boat, the new txi gives you an improved hull, open bow, with a radio and zero off, not exactly "gimmicks". The MXS didn't "replace" anything. The other "lines" on the model lineup have been around for YEARS and haven't gone anywhere. I just cannot for the life of me understand the gripes of people like Riley. Maybe he can explain. You now have the option of picklefork. You now have option of a blinged DOWN tournament boat in the txi. You still have the "clean" options of all the sunscapes. What is the problem! Not to mention, the entire line has watersports as the main focus!

martinarcher

Looks like a killer lineup. I still have a few pics to go through, but looks awesome so far! Yahoo.gif

Someone tell me about these new surf fins for the 2012 lineup. I haven't seen any details yet, just heard they are on the 2012's.

Edited by martinarcher

Looks like a killer lineup. I still have a few pics to go through, but looks awesome so far! Yahoo.gif

Someone tell me about these new surf fins for the 2012 lineup. I haven't seen any details yet, just heard they are on the 2012's.

I heard there is a Surfsetter coming out in 2012 based on a 23 LSV. The tracking fins pivot from side to side to give the boat more lean. Not sure if this is 100% accurate, just what I heard from a friend.

Can someone explain riley's gripe to me? What has been "replaced" with bling and gimmicks? They still make riley's EXACT same boat, the new txi gives you an improved hull, open bow, with a radio and zero off, not exactly "gimmicks". The MXS didn't "replace" anything. The other "lines" on the model lineup have been around for YEARS and haven't gone anywhere. I just cannot for the life of me understand the gripes of people like Riley. Maybe he can explain. You now have the option of picklefork. You now have option of a blinged DOWN tournament boat in the txi. You still have the "clean" options of all the sunscapes. What is the problem! Not to mention, the entire line has watersports as the main focus!

i, for the longest time LOVED everything that malibu produced, big and small; there was not one model i could find fault in. the gelcoat schemes projected speed, performance, and elegance. i would still die for a ws247lsv (in a solid color and minimal decals(the old usa wakesetter graphics were cool), without the transom seat), but they don't make that anymore, so i'll never buy one later than a 2010 model.

the past boat's sleek lines used to project a great sense of timeless appeal and class. now, aesthetically, the gelcoat lines are hard and don't flow well, the transoms are cluttered and ugly(step/seat transoms i consider to be a gimmick), the chrome on the windscreens is loud, the graphics are out of control, and the mtc just looks like something proprietary, while most definitely cool, will eventually malfunction and cost a fortune to fix and/or replace, etc.

i don't think watersports are really the main focus anymore, or at least that's simply how i perceive it to be. i completely understand how the market works, and if you don't keep up, you'll be left behind, but it's disgusting what has happened to the boats as a result of this. i still think they're great boats, but they're looking more and more like everything else.

and just because, i blame mastercraft. if only because i like to blame all things flashy on them :crazy:

Edited by MARiley

i, for the longest time LOVED everything that malibu produced, big and small; there was not one model i could find fault in. the gelcoat schemes projected speed, performance, and elegance. i would still die for a ws247lsv (in a solid color and minimal decals(the old usa wakesetter graphics were cool), without the transom seat), but they don't make that anymore, so i'll never buy one later than a 2010 model.

the past boat's sleek lines used to project a great sense of timeless appeal and class. now, aesthetically, the gelcoat lines are hard and don't flow well, the transoms are cluttered and ugly(step/seat transoms i consider to be a gimmick), the chrome on the windscreens is loud, the graphics are out of control, and the mtc just looks like something proprietary, while most definitely cool, will eventually malfunction and cost a fortune to fix and/or replace, etc.

i don't think watersports are really the main focus anymore, or at least that's simply how i perceive it to be. i completely understand how the market works, and if you don't keep up, you'll be left behind, but it's disgusting what has happened to the boats as a result of this. i still think they're great boats, but they're looking more and more like everything else.

and just because, i blame mastercraft. if only because i like to blame all things flashy on them :crazy:

The 21 Ride is perfect imho to address all that you referenced.

My two big things for the 11's & 12's that are at my dealer is the MTC failing and the Malibu logo is now a sticker like the Wakesetter logo. Why go away from chrome/billet pieces for a cheaper sticker? Put it in the gel or bolt it to the boat.

Secondary is offer a real sound system option or don't bother at all. I know there is the delete option, but some of the other brands have gone with Wetsounds or other higher end equipment that should be standard on a 70k+ boat.

Other than that I love the transom seat (single, not the new 24LSV) that is needed IMO due to the newer wake hulls being taller than the old ski hulls, the graphics I can take or leave,

The 21 Ride is perfect imho to address all that you referenced.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I find yours rather odd in that they still make your exact boat, no MTC, nothing different at all actually. In the txi there is an improved hull, no chrome dash, just an open bow and speed control (no malivue). So how is it that watersports are not the main focus anymore? If talking about the wake boats, as dude pointed out, that's exactly what the ride series is, the OLD VLX's and LSV's, the "lines" of which you liked so much. Sorry that I am simply unable to understand your beefs.

Closed bow Response is labeled RTi and the walk through open bow is the new RTXi. Doesn't leave a digit in the name open for the RLX equivalent.

Two questions:

1. Is the Response LX gone?

2. Is the RTi closed bow on the new hull with it's new name?

Edited by jk13

The RLX is still available on order only, the Response is on the same diamond hull since '98 no changes are slated to change that at this point. I would like to see the hull updated to the new RTXI hull and stripped down for the low budget killer slalom sled.

The RLX is still available on order only, the Response is on the same diamond hull since '98 no changes are slated to change that at this point. I would like to see the hull updated to the new RTXI hull and stripped down for the low budget killer slalom sled.

I agree!

I agree with you, but I can see why Malibu goes the way they do. They're after high volume, high margin boats. The classic lines draw the purists, but we're a small group. I think it's really cool that they still have the Response in the lineup and you can still get it with the '02-vintage gel scheme. Still my favorite ever, though it's a toss up between that and the SSLXi classic with this scheme for top honors there IMO.

malibu02.jpg

>

med_gallery_6_80_296286.jpg

I agree with you, but I can see why Malibu goes the way they do. They're after high volume, high margin boats. The classic lines draw the purists, but we're a small group. I think it's really cool that they still have the Response in the lineup and you can still get it with the '02-vintage gel scheme. Still my favorite ever, though it's a toss up between that and the SSLXi classic with this scheme for top honors there IMO.

malibu02.jpg

>

med_gallery_6_80_296286.jpg

I agree, UW. The SSLXi is what brought me to Malibu boats. Had to go the route of the SSLX for $$ reasons, but still in love with the 99-04 SSLXi!!

My two big things for the 11's & 12's that are at my dealer is the MTC failing and the Malibu logo is now a sticker like the Wakesetter logo. Why go away from chrome/billet pieces for a cheaper sticker? Put it in the gel or bolt it to the boat.

Can anybody confirm if this is true for all 2012 Wakesetters or just an option? It would seem strange to discontinue the billet bolt-on logos and would be disappointing. Also, this dealer looks to have two 2012 boats in stock and both have the bolt-on logos.

http://www.skiersmarine.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=09167902X8K11K2011J12I07I38JPMQ5898R0&veh=2270975&nv=y

http://www.skiersmarine.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=09167902X8K11K2011J12I07I38JPMQ5898R0&veh=2258974&nv=y

VP2270975_1_large.jpg

Can anybody confirm if this is true for all 2012 Wakesetters or just an option? It would seem strange to discontinue the billet bolt-on logos and would be disappointing. Also, this dealer looks to have two 2012 boats in stock and both have the bolt-on logos.

VP2270975_1_large.jpg

The bolt on logo has all the letters tied together across the bottom. Both of those boats look like they have individual letters.

Stickers. Nice to be able to move to other locations and not have holes in the boat. Or add to an older model without drilling. Not a big deal IMO.

The bolt on logo has all the letters tied together across the bottom. Both of those boats look like they have individual letters.

Stickers. Nice to be able to move to other locations and not have holes in the boat. Or add to an older model without drilling. Not a big deal IMO.

Ok, so they are still 3D metallic emblems, but they are attached by double sided tape rather than thru-hull bolts? If so I'm fine with that too, since that is how most car emblems (and the windows in modern sky scrapers) are attached anyway.

I thought he was saying they were now flat vinyl stickers and no longer three-dimensional or metallic. Your description makes a lot more sense, thanks for the clarification.