Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tandem Wakesurfing

martinarcher

martinarcher

Well my wife and I finally got ropeless surfing tandem. We've been messing around with getting up on the board together, but I couldn't get her to trust me that letting go of the rope was alright. During this run she let go and I coached her where to lean and put her feet. It was a blast when we finally got to chuck that rope and surf! Rockon.gif She had never been able to get up on a surf board because she is so small she struggles to kick the board up with her heels. This finally allowed her to experience surfing - she loves it! Biggrin.gif The next weekend I spent some time coaching her after she had watched Brett_B's wife surf. She's also very light and using a couple tricks that she did we got my wife up solo! Yahoo.gif

The board is an Inland Surfer Blue Lake and we're behind Mike's Axis. Good times! Yahoo.gif

Thats great! My wife and I did the same....on a blue lake as well. I am a big guy 6'3/ 210 which made it really funny because she's 5'1" and barely had enough room on the board.

I'm jealous...first of all I can't go ropeless myself...secondly I can't get my wife on the boat...never mind the board ;)

Thirdly I am 6'5" and she is 5'1"....so we would be quite a sight on the surfboard together.

That's awesome!! So does anyone else think that the investment in a boat helps build the relationship with your wife, children, family and friends? Get out, spend the time together and get to know each other. That video is a great testament to my view!!

martinarcher

Thats great! My wife and I did the same....on a blue lake as well. I am a big guy 6'3/ 210 which made it really funny because she's 5'1" and barely had enough room on the board.

Sweet! That is awesome! I found a tandem vid on youtube and had to give it a try! What a blast!

I'm jealous...first of all I can't go ropeless myself...secondly I can't get my wife on the boat...never mind the board ;)

Thirdly I am 6'5" and she is 5'1"....so we would be quite a sight on the surfboard together.

Keep trying - you'll get it. It's all about foot placement(wave edge of the board) and weight (leaning into the wave with the balls of your feet). Show her this vid - maybe she'll give it a go! A big ocean board would be a blast! Thumbup.gif

That's awesome!! So does anyone else think that the investment in a boat helps build the relationship with your wife, children, family and friends? Get out, spend the time together and get to know each other. That video is a great testament to my view!!

You are so right! We have a blast and spend a lot of time together on the water with friends. My uncles family grew up on the water and they are tight. It's an awesome thing! Rockon.gif

I bet with a little more weigt you could let that rope go. Wave doesnt look that clean so I am guessing just stock ballast?