Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to Clean Malibu Board Racks

How do you clean the standard wakeboard racks that come on the G3 tower? Mine look cloudy already and the boat is only a few months old. Any suggestions? Boat bling does not work.

Mine are doing the same thing, Any one got a solution? Plus does anyone know what will take the cover scratches off the chrome windsheild corner posts?

martinarcher

I use a dryer sheet that is dipped in warm water to clean my board racks. Takes the bugs right off, but I'm not sure what would make your racks cloudy or if the dryer sheet trick would work. They work great on my racks and tower for dirt and bugs! Thumbup.gif

There are several metal polishes that will work, such as Mother's. If you have Boat Bling "Quickie Sauce" it's a liquid wax and will remove the haze. Once you get a good finish, the ''Hot Sauce" will keep them looking good.

same problem here - even tho I've been using babes on my new Bu & alll chrome including the spinner racks - 35 hrs now old now - all chrome is fine EXCEPT board racks - they are still clouding !!! :(

How do you clean the standard wakeboard racks that come on the G3 tower? Mine look cloudy already and the boat is only a few months old. Any suggestions? Boat bling does not work.

I take them off the boat and use Mothers Aluminum polish, works awesome and i just wipe it by hand not a buffer, Use one cloth to apply and use a clean one to polish...

Sounds great, I will try it out tomorrow.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Just an update, I could not find collinites locally so I tried the mothers aluminum and mag polish it helped but its not perfect. So I am going to place an order for collinites.

Just an update, I could not find collinites locally so I tried the mothers aluminum and mag polish it helped but its not perfect. So I am going to place an order for collinites.

I saw it at West Marine if you have one nearby.