Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

any skiers have interest in Eagle Vest w/ extra floatation?

davemac

Hey, I'm on a waiting list thru Tadd at H2osmosis for a group buy to get an Eagle Comp vest with an extra layer of floatation in back. Only about 5 more peeps needed to waive the "customization" upcharge. If interested, please let Tadd know at

[email protected] or 866-213-7993.

I actually bought one on the same group buy a year or so back (best money I spent all year on gear), but have dropped some lbs...so need to size down. This is a non-USCG vest, but Eagle will add a second layer of foam in the back of the vest. IMO, it is just as comfortable and unrestrictive as the regular one (actually i prefer the extra bit of back support it provides). Obviously, it will give you that extra bit of flotation over the standard one. They will run around $135 or so, and likely take a few weeks to mfg (in the good ole USA).

Thanks.

(edit...thanks to CedarLakeSkier for posting the link below....I struggle on my iMac to paste links here)

Edited by davemac

Hey, I'm on a waiting list thru Tadd at H2osmosis for a group buy to get an Eagle Comp vest with an extra layer of floatation in back. Only about 5 more peeps needed to waive the "customization" upcharge. If interested, please let Tadd know at

I actually bought one on the same group buy a year or so back (best money I spent all year on gear), but have dropped some lbs...so need to size down. This is a non-USCG vest, but Eagle will add a second layer of foam in the back of the vest. IMO, it is just as comfortable and unrestrictive as the regular one (actually i prefer the extra bit of back support it provides). Obviously, it will give you that extra bit of flotation over the standard one. They will run around $135 or so, and likely take a few weeks to mfg (in the good ole USA).

Thanks.

eagle vest

Link no good, try this one

http://www.h2oproshop.com/eagle-sports-the-bird-of-prey-waterski-wakeboard-vest-white-and-red.html

martinarcher

Thanks.

eagle vest

Does the extra flotation make it USCG approved?

No...sorry, Martin, I should have been more clear about that. IIRC, I believe a vest needs to have at least one or two belts to get approved.

From the Eagle website:

Note: Eagle Competiion Vests are designed to fit skin tight. They are form fitting and will stretch. If you are used to wearing a loose fitting vest, Eagle vests will feel much different. They are designed not to ride up on you while in the water. When you first zip the vest, it will feel quite tight, then loosen up once you are in the water. If you feel you won't fit in a standard size, we also offer custom sizing. Call for more information.

Edited by davemac

Does the extra flotation make it USCG approved?

Eagle does make uSCG vest now, but they have two buckles and quite a bit thicker. You need a lot more padding in the front to float your head up.

Sorry for any confusion, but this specific deal pertains only to the Eagle Comp Vest Bird of Prey vest . It is a Non- USCG approved Comp Vest. Eagle is able to make a batch of them with an extra layer of padding/floatation in the back panel, to provide a little extra float (favored by natural sinkers like myself). It does NOT make the vest USCG.

If interested, please make Tadd at H2Osmosis aware (his contact info is in original post). He has a list of people interested, and needs just a few more to get the order placed.

Thanks.

----for those comments/questions about Eagles offering of a USCG Vest.... I have seen them...aside from the "Eagle Logo", there are no unique features to discern it from other generic neoprene vests

• 2 weeks later...