Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Peeling Malibu non-skid sticker on trailer

I am turning to the Crew for confirmation of my plan. I have a Malibu non-skid panel on top of the fender of the trailer that has peeled half way off. I saw it in the side mirror as I was rolling down the highway! While the electrical tape from the tool box fixed the immediate problem, it looks a bit tacky...

What is the best adhesive to use to stick it back on? It seems like it is made of a heavy grade vinyl and will be re-attached to a painted trailer fender. I was thinking of something along the lines of 3M vinyl adhesive that I have used for other purposes in the past, but that was a long time ago. Anything better (and easier to work with) on the market these days? I also probably need to use Goof Off to get the old adhesive off of the fender before re-attaching. Any other ideas?

I am turning to the Crew for confirmation of my plan. I have a Malibu non-skid panel on top of the fender of the trailer that has peeled half way off. I saw it in the side mirror as I was rolling down the highway! While the electrical tape from the tool box fixed the immediate problem, it looks a bit tacky...

What is the best adhesive to use to stick it back on? It seems like it is made of a heavy grade vinyl and will be re-attached to a painted trailer fender. I was thinking of something along the lines of 3M vinyl adhesive that I have used for other purposes in the past, but that was a long time ago. Anything better (and easier to work with) on the market these days? I also probably need to use Goof Off to get the old adhesive off of the fender before re-attaching. Any other ideas?

I pulled all the non slip panels off the trailer, even on the wheel wells, masked the area off and applied black brush on bed liner. It looks great, is more non slip and no worries.

I pulled all the non slip panels off the trailer, even on the wheel wells, masked the area off and applied black brush on bed liner. It looks great, is more non slip and no worries.

Great idea! Any photos? Also, what stuff did you use? Where did you get it? Any lessons learned in the application process you can share?