Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody feel like taking on a project???

Henken

Not exactly sure what they think is worth $5K... Dontknow.gif

"This boat was damaged as the storm surge entered the boat house. The hull was fractured at the bow and the foredeck is gone. The interior liner is broken and separated from the hull. The engine was submerged and the condition is unknown."

The engine block is probably salvagable...the trailer looks OK...not worth $5K. No.gif

If I was the Insurance co, I would pull off the salavageable parts and throw the hull through a chipper Crazy.gif Maybe sell it as Malibu landscaping mulch! Surprised.gif

My father had his first boat before he had his driver's license and use to ski on lake michigan. His third boat (when I was around 4-5) was an outboard runabout that looked a lot like that rlxi when he started. it had been in accident and the entire side of the boat ripped up. tons of glasswork later and it was in great shape.

but I could never do something like that!

Edited by Addictedto6

I am thinking that this might make a good ski boat for someone who lives on a lake with a 14 ft max lenght restriction. They can send it back to MB for the Extreme Blunt Nose option. Biggrin.gif

Huh, I thought Titan towers were tough..... Where's the rear hoop???

Damn, how bad would that suck???? Cry.gifCry.gifBeer.gif:Doh:Frustrated.gif

BUT if there was a hurricane coming wouldn't you pull the boat instead of leaving it in the boathouse????

Pat

Edited by Faceplant409
I must be the only one who can't see what you'all are looking at. No pics, no link, no clue :unsure:Dontknow.gif

Here they are:

82080919_1.jpg

82080919_5.jpg

82080919_4.jpg

Edited by MoonDawg
Shocking.gif Not sure I can ever look my boat in the bow again after seeing those pics. Actually, might have to go check her out tomorrow, just for the halibut. Edited by VinRLX
This vessel is being sold as seen. Bid for this boat according to what she has when you view her. Disclaimer: The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A Buyer should investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. All Marine products be they owned or brokered by Certified Sales, Inc. or its associates, are sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS, NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. NO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS WHAT-SO-EVER. No verbal agreements can be applied to the sale of this marine product.

If this isn't CYA I don't know what is.

as far as i know you would pull the motor and tranny and maybe a few other bits and bin the rest. The bow is not repairable as the two decks are chemically bonded and dont come appart.

Heard a story of a boat being worked over like that here in AUS and they couldnt do a thing to save it..