Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How many skiers can a OEM ski pylon hold?

LXIONE

How many skiers can the standard pylon hold.

I have pulled 18 skiers one time with our old 1999 Rlx.

Is this secure?

apparently

It would also depend on who the 18 are. 18 O-line from Notre Dame ... doubtful, 18 fifth grade girls ... no problem, except for all the squealing!

How many skiers can the standard pylon hold.

I have pulled 18 skiers one time with our old 1999 Rlx.

Is this secure?

apparently

It would also depend on who the 18 are. 18 O-line from Notre Dame ... doubtful, 18 fifth grade girls ... no problem, except for all the squealing!

ROFL.gif ... total visual!

We can pull 5 from the IllusionX tower. 2 boarders, 2 double and 1 single. Tough to find the right speed. 18 is impressive. We've only done 3 footers from the ski pylon

Edited by RogerQ

We've done 8-10 adults all on combos off the pylon, it didn't seem to care much.

We have contemplated doing more, however, figured we may have to move a few over to the tie-down eyes... you know.... for safety.

We've done 8-10 adults all on combos off the pylon, it didn't seem to care much.

We have contemplated doing more, however, figured we may have to move a few over to the tie-down eyes... you know.... for safety.

Got pix?

How about the rear transom hook? Anyone know the limit on that baby? More or less than the pylon??

My guess is that you'll be able to pull more off of the pylon not due to the strength, but because of the power issues (a boat will get drug down much faster when towing from the the transom). So I suspect that you'll run into that limitation much quicker than the limitation of how much the hook will hold.

Got pix?

Unfortunately no. At least, none in digital format. We usually try to limit the extra weight in the boat when performing these feats - and that includes a photographer. Usually it's just a very competent driver and a calm, cool and organized rope-management / spotter person.

I can't speak to skiers, but IMO a bunch of tubes puts the most drag back there. In our old CC, we had 4 double tubes back there. I'm not saying its safe, but it did it. Problem wasn't the pylon, but was getting the boat moving. We had to do circles around the tube to get some momentum to straighten out!

Pylons CAN be ripped out, so be careful. One time Dad had a pylon fly over his head while on a tube. Would not have been good if that had made contact!

Doesn't malibu test to like 2000#'s? If you figure that the average "show" skier might have a max of 100#s of pressure on the rope (which I'm thinking is high) then you'd be good for 20.

How about the rear transom hook? Anyone know the limit on that baby? More or less than the pylon??

I read somewhere Malibu said 400# off the transom hook. From the pylon, was it 1000# or 2000#? I'm not talking about what they tested it at, but what they recommend.