Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Barefooting with extreme tower

LXIONE

How many barefooters can an Extreme tower Hold?

Don't know how many, but I read somewhere else here that you really shouldn't pull any skiers from the tower because of the possibility for the skier to pull the boat dangerously over the side when cutting real hard.

Well not a footer, but a slalom dude or duddette. Heck I don't know, can you ski from the tower safely?? I remember a thread that didn't recommend it but I don't remember the details.

Edited by Baddog

How many barefooters can an Extreme tower Hold?

Don't know how many, but I read somewhere else here that you really shouldn't pull any skiers from the tower because of the possibility for the skier to pull the boat dangerously over the side when cutting real hard.

I want some lessons from the footer who's cutting that hard. Crazy.gif

Barefooting puts very little side to side force on a tower or extended pylon. None when compared to wakeboarding.

I pulled 3 up LL deep with a 99 rlx with an extreme-like aluminum tower. The problem didn't seem to the be the tower, but instead the massive stern roller from the boat standing straight up! Literally, I could not even come close to seeing over the bow. Took like 10 seconds for it to come down and for the skiers to ride over the massive swell, then it was fine. Hit 45 with em back there too...with a 4 blade.

I pulled 3 up LL deep with a 99 rlx with an extreme-like aluminum tower. The problem didn't seem to the be the tower, but instead the massive stern roller from the boat standing straight up! Literally, I could not even come close to seeing over the bow. Took like 10 seconds for it to come down and for the skiers to ride over the massive swell, then it was fine. Hit 45 with em back there too...with a 4 blade.

What crazy things we do for entertainment!

I'm calling 2 Thumbs Down on this errrrrrrr BS. Is that 45 on a GPS? I know that others like Edwin are gullible, but come on....

45mph with LL footers in tow is hard to believe with any boat featured in the 99 lineup, even the sporty. My 99 sporty was a rocketship and I know it would have a hard time keeping multiple long line guys at that speed. I will have to ask M3Fan what he remembers as WOT LL speed with me behind the boat. I think it was approximately 46mph.

Usually I'd be pretty quick to jump on the BS bandwagon, but because it's winter. . .

How about this: The pull on the tower from the three LL footers caused the boat to ride with a "bow up" attitude, thereby increasing top speed as we would expect with the same three footers off the pylon. Yes.gif

...2 Thumbs and I are hitting it tomorrow am, will be thinking of you :)
You really know how to get to a guy, don't ya. . .

If it'll make you feel better...I'll think about you during my sets as well. Tease2.gif

Yahoo.gif

45mph with LL footers in tow is hard to believe with any boat featured in the 99 lineup, even the sporty. My 99 sporty was a rocketship and I know it would have a hard time keeping multiple long line guys at that speed. I will have to ask M3Fan what he remembers as WOT LL speed with me behind the boat. I think it was approximately 46mph.

Well, I have to disagree. I have national competitor friend who has a '97 that runs 51 easy with him back there. Does anyone have the pictures of the 11 barefooter pull?

'97 what? With what engine? 51 MPH with a footer in tow? Tell your friend to get GPS.

response...

He's been overrall national champion several times...trust me, his speedos aren't off.

It was just a super hot motor, so he kept the boat. Top ends really do vary greatly on these boats. Remember, this was before the diamond slowed it down 2 mph. So, you figure hot motor, on what is the fastest hull, with a true skier not a plower, it's not that hard to imagine. Oh...with tower, very little upholstery, and 2 gallons of gas...and me, 20 lbs lighter :lol: