Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WSM Boat Buyers Guide

88Skier

The Response maybe following the way of the Sportster as they believe the RLXI will fit the bill therefore no need for overlap. I think it'd be a bad move to eliminate all closed bow pure slalom boats.

The RLXi is as hard core of slalom boat as can be bought at present. The issue you are trying to address is the CB boat. I have no idea how many people would not buy a boat because it was not CB. And, as others have pointed out here, I don't think the response is gone. Probably just not spending money to promote a boat that doesn't need any promotion while the other many models need to have some attention drawn to them.

Me!

We seriously considered upgrading from the Response to the RLXI. (More boat, better ski wake, easier access to the trunk from the inside, sleaker look...) But with that low nose and our rough waters over here we stayed CB. :(

We even thought about ordering some kind of "Hard-Top" to cover/close the open bow. We just couldn't find anyone who makes these hard-covers.

We simply do not need the aditional seats in the bow and just for taking up water ...

The Response maybe following the way of the Sportster as they believe the RLXI will fit the bill therefore no need for overlap. I think it'd be a bad move to eliminate all closed bow pure slalom boats.

The RLXi is as hard core of slalom boat as can be bought at present. The issue you are trying to address is the CB boat. I have no idea how many people would not buy a boat because it was not CB. And, as others have pointed out here, I don't think the response is gone. Probably just not spending money to promote a boat that doesn't need any promotion while the other many models need to have some attention drawn to them.

Ski partner across the lake put the tonneau bow cover on his RLXI. I had one on my old Supra and that boat had a much lower nose also. It worked great, if you have it on. The water just ran off it when a wave came over the bow. We did see a hard cover about 10 years ago that went on a FourWinns bow rider at the boat show. I think it would fly off the boat going down the lake one day

Me!

We seriously considered upgrading from the Response to the RLXI. (More boat, better ski wake, easier access to the trunk from the inside, sleaker look...) But with that low nose and our rough waters over here we stayed CB. :(

We even thought about ordering some kind of "Hard-Top" to cover/close the open bow. We just couldn't find anyone who makes these hard-covers.

We simply do not need the aditional seats in the bow and just for taking up water ...

would anyone else love to see the current LX replaced with a smaller closed bow/not walk through boat with the same hull shape as the LXi?? I know i would! Yahoo.gif It would bring it back in a big way, in AUS anyway.

Do the same thing as the previous sunsetter LXI and the response LX, the hull was pretty much identical just bigger.

Chaabo, i dont think the wake of the LXi is a better ski wake than the LX (even though i love mine),

Bigger roomier and more versatile it is.. Biggrin.gif

• 3 months later...
Check out page 187. Vomit.gif

For any who don't get (or just haven't received yet) the mag, I'll try to describe.

SVFARA SV696 (knockoff of the Malibu Sunsetter 23 XTi)

Base (bottom) color is kind of a Mocha / Taupe (grayish med. brown)

Center color (~3" above and below the rubrail) is a med sky blue

Top color is red

Thin white stripes between each color

Interior (vinyl) is a tan & black cow spot pattern

Vomit.gifVomit.gifVomit.gif That might be the ugliest boat I've ever seen. What were they thinking putting that in a Buyer's Guide. Someone should get fired for that.

On the other hand, I bet insurance companies don't charge for the theft premium of your insurance policie... Thumbup.gif