Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WSM Boat Buyers Guide

88Skier

I hope not. I live on a lake with a 20 ft max restriction. The Response LX is the only Malibu I can own. Even the RLXi is 6 inches too long. Hopefully Malibu will come out with a new 20 footer before mine needs replacing.

I am thinking I might have to do something as radical as this:

238037.jpg

to my next Malibu. It is that or buy a 190 Prostar...I hope Malibu wakes up!

238037.jpg

We have a prostar you could buy Biggrin.gif

238037.jpg

OMG What is THAT? Shocking.gif

Malibu didn't put the Response in the WSMBBG this year. Its days must be numbered.

That was exactly what I thought when I stumbled over the Boat Inspector at the WSM webpage.

No Response there either! Malibu seems to stop promoting the Response as the hardcore Ski boat.

:(

The Response maybe following the way of the Sportster as they believe the RLXI will fit the bill therefore no need for overlap. I think it'd be a bad move to eliminate all closed bow pure slalom boats.

I think it'd be a bad move to eliminate all closed bow pure slalom boats.

Not to mention excluding your company from selling to people on private lakes with 20' length restrictions.

Whats "Slalom"?

Slalom n: A downhill race oner a winding course defined by upright poles v: Race on skis around obstacles

I think the closed bow Sportster is the best looking towboat anyone has ever made. It gives something up in space, but more than makes up for it in performance and sex appeal.

i agree. love the raked look.

Personally I think the closed bow Sportster is the best looking towboat anyone has ever made.

I agree. I wanted a closed bow but had to get an OB so I could claim it was a "Family" boat. ;)

Check out page 187. Vomit.gif

For any who don't get (or just haven't received yet) the mag, I'll try to describe.

SVFARA SV696 (knockoff of the Malibu Sunsetter 23 XTi)

Base (bottom) color is kind of a Mocha / Taupe (grayish med. brown)

Center color (~3" above and below the rubrail) is a med sky blue

Top color is red

Thin white stripes between each color

Interior (vinyl) is a tan & black cow spot pattern

Vomit.gifVomit.gifVomit.gif That might be the ugliest boat I've ever seen. What were they thinking putting that in a Buyer's Guide. Someone should get fired for that.

OMG What is THAT? Shocking.gif

that's team valdez's MB B-52 V23. they had MB custom chop the front so it would meet their home lake's, Canyon Lake, length limit.

pretty wild if you ask me.

Edited by madchild
Check out page 187. Vomit.gif

For any who don't get (or just haven't received yet) the mag, I'll try to describe.

SVFARA SV696 (knockoff of the Malibu Sunsetter 23 XTi)

Base (bottom) color is kind of a Mocha / Taupe (grayish med. brown)

Center color (~3" above and below the rubrail) is a med sky blue

Top color is red

Thin white stripes between each color

Interior (vinyl) is a tan & black cow spot pattern

Vomit.gifVomit.gifVomit.gif That might be the ugliest boat I've ever seen. What were they thinking putting that in a Buyer's Guide. Someone should get fired for that.

It looks like a mix of a bad camo job and a cow, its just plain ugly!

Malibu, Supra, and Mastercraft have huge line ups!!!

Edited by jetskipro550
The Response maybe following the way of the Sportster as they believe the RLXI will fit the bill therefore no need for overlap. I think it'd be a bad move to eliminate all closed bow pure slalom boats.

The RLXi is as hard core of slalom boat as can be bought at present. The issue you are trying to address is the CB boat. I have no idea how many people would not buy a boat because it was not CB. And, as others have pointed out here, I don't think the response is gone. Probably just not spending money to promote a boat that doesn't need any promotion while the other many models need to have some attention drawn to them.

Anyone notice that Svfara wants more for their boat the either the MC 197 or the RLXi? I guess the air in Canada is laced with special ingredients. When that boat was Ininfity, they couldn't sell them for 75% of the cost of a MC or Bu.

Anyone notice that Svfara wants more for their boat the either the MC 197 or the RLXi? I guess the air in Canada is laced with special ingredients. When that boat was Ininfity, they couldn't sell them for 75% of the cost of a MC or Bu.

i forsee..........them not selling any boats!!

The RLXi is as hard core of slalom boat as can be bought at present. The issue you are trying to address is the CB boat. I have no idea how many people would not buy a boat because it was not CB. And, as others have pointed out here, I don't think the response is gone. Probably just not spending money to promote a boat that doesn't need any promotion while the other many models need to have some attention drawn to them.

Probably true since the Response really hasn't changed.

I was thinking the same thing about Svfara. Who would pay that kind of $$ for an off brand boat. Not to mention that it is so ugly its mom wouldn't love it. Crazy.gif

I was thinking the same thing about Svfara. Who would pay that kind of $$ for an off brand boat. Not to mention that it is so ugly its mom wouldn't love it. Crazy.gif

No need to be harsh.... Innocent.gif It's actually a very nice ski boat. For a club type environment where a person just shows up skis and leaves, it's a great boat and has great performance. The infinity version left a lot to be desired in the "pride of ownership" category as the boat was literally just some fiberglass laid up around a motor with a pylon.

it is so ugly its mom wouldn't love it. Crazy.gif

No need to be harsh....

Have you seen page 187? :lol:

Crazy.gif ugly!!

I don't recall page 187, whatever, but I have spent a bit of time around the Infinity ski boat now called the SV1.