Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview screen going blank

I don't think your issue has anything to do with malivue.

Has any body noticed the date of these complaints they all look like this year .3 years after we all bought our boats.I have searched this for hours and hours and I can't find any posts from last year or the year before .

I have noticed you've scoured the threads to find any and all malivue "issues" people have posted about to complain about your issues, just an observation. 8 viper boxes? Really? If your dealer can't figure it out take it to another.

I am beginning to believe DMFREIER is a troll. He has even taken to nautique with this talk:

http://www.planetnau...ead-of-a-Malibu

I apoligize for being so dramatic but I am really pissed off!! Just put yourself in my shoes. I work really hard all year to take the summer months off to spend with my 2 boys and wife at the lake and then have no boat all summer? And as of today my boat is still not repaired. I was told that my boat was the only boat having this issue. I am really trying to make everyone aware of the problem I am having and people with the same issue.so if that makes me a troll so be it .

I have noticed you've scoured the threads to find any and all malivue "issues" people have posted about to complain about your issues, just an observation. 8 viper boxes? Really? If your dealer can't figure it out take it to another.

It is 7 boxes and my boat is in an area where there are no other dealers.it is in the okanagan. The closest dealer is about 4 hours away . And I am done with the boat and am back at work in a different province. If you have any questions about the truth of this drop Me a email. [email protected] I will try to set it straight . Thanks

Edited by dmfreier

OK, i am sorry for calling you a troll. All I am saying is that I understand that you are very frustrated when these expensive toys we own don't hold up llike we think they should. I agree 100% - for the money they cost, they should be rock solid.

All I am saying is why the need to air all the laundry out on the all the forums? Just keep working it with your dealer and the factory. Personally, I wish Malibu would offer malivue as an option - much like nautique has a team and non-team version.

Maliview is an option, it's not factory standard in any boat. And if someone is going to work on their own boat, it might be expected to mis-diagnose the issue. New boats require serious electrical understanding, as they are not a wrench and plug boat anymore.

Peter

OK, i am sorry for calling you a troll. All I am saying is that I understand that you are very frustrated when these expensive toys we own don't hold up llike we think they should. I agree 100% - for the money they cost, they should be rock solid.

All I am saying is why the need to air all the laundry out on the all the forums? Just keep working it with your dealer and the factory. Personally, I wish Malibu would offer malivue as an option - much like nautique has a team and non-team version.

[/q

Thank you for your reply . I do understand your point and I am sure you may handle it in a different manor, but this is the way I am handling it. There is a lot that has gone on in three years and I kept my patience level up but I am at my wits end . It is like banging my head agaist the wall ,it's finally left a mark. Again thank you !

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, my Maliview started rebooting two months ago. It's was annoying, but I was still able to use the boat. Since last week, it's no more rebooting, but all values and needles are gone.

It's exactly the same behaviour that "dmfreier2 posted September 17, 2011 - 06:43 pm.

Is anyone outhere, who fixed the problem?

What had to be done?

Who paid it? (My boat is a Malibu Wakesetter VLX 2009).

Thanks a lot in advance,

Roland

• 3 months later...

Hey guys.

Old thread, but if anyone still has these issues, please speak with your Malibu dealer about a good time to stop in and get the Maliview software updated. Malibu has released an updated Maliview software version specifically for 2009 models.

Thanks,

Peter

• 2 months later...

Here is a link to youtube for a reference to my problem.please keep in mind this is the 6th box that was put in from the beginning of June until approx the 20 of aug 2010.if any concerns why the box is not screwed into position ,I forgot my phone could take videos and I was in the process of changing the new viper service box to the #5th 08 retrofit box.

Link

AS of tonight I have 37 personal replies of the same problem occurring that is less than 24hours after posting on this forum

Does any one else have videos of the gauges rebooting or going dead?

Thanks

This post has been edited by dmfreier: Today, 06:32 PM

Hey mate I have a 09 vlx with 370 hours on it and 2 weeks ago I started haveing the same problem with it I have tried everything and the last resort is the viper now have u had any luck sorting out the problem and if so what it was

My Malivue was resetting out on the water, engine shut down while underway, the whole 9yards.... Cause of that was the main blue/silver power button on the dash... Loosing contact and resetting everything. Had to be replaced.

I am living the Malibu dream.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, my turn for the intermittent and rebooting Maliview screen. My boat is a 2009 VLX, 300 hours and it finally started developing this problem. I realize this problem and thread is old, but was a fix or solution ever determined? Thanks!

Hi guys, my turn for the intermittent and rebooting Maliview screen. My boat is a 2009 VLX, 300 hours and it finally started developing this problem. I realize this problem and thread is old, but was a fix or solution ever determined? Thanks!

2009 LSV here just rolled 300 hours and this problem came up suddenly and won't go away. I have not updated software yet at this point. Wondering if that would even fix this issue....

Updated the software to the latest version, no real change in the problem. Now I get a message to raise the wedge manually when I use "go home" preset, must be a new software feature.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone. I have a 2009 vlx that has just started showing signs of this problem has 309 hours on it now. Has anyone had any success fixing this problem yet? Thank you

Welcome to the 300 hour programmed error club 09. I'm pretty sure it's the viper box after taking to a few others on this offline, checking my grounds etc. I'm pulling mine next week to take a look to see if there is anything glaringly wrong with it. If I can't find anything physically wrong with my unit that leaves me to look into replacement. Medallion won't sell me a replacement unit, have to go through Malibu at this time. My unit is obsolete and the one that replaces it Malibu is saying about $1100 retail for it. That would be a little gamble at that point, not sure how I'll decide what to do. Will keep you posted.