Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge Problems..

Yet again.. another wedge problem. I have a 2007 VLX which I took out for the first time this year a few days ago. Prior to surfing, i tried to deploy the wedge, and blew the fuse. I have never had issues with the wedge until now. So we went out to buy a dozen 30A fuses, and each time we replaced a fuse, and tried to put the wedge down, the fuse would blow and we lose all power with the wedge. After digging around, I'm starting to think it could possibly by the actuators causing the fuse to blow? Any ideas?

I doubt its the circuit breaker all the sudden. Sounds like soemthing is up with the actuator itself, maybe water got in it or the wiring where it enters the actuator got damaged somehow.

I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. I could get the wedge down half way and it would stop and then I couldn't get it to return to the full up right position.

No can't do that it wouldn't stay without the functioning actuators. You could pull the actuators and wedge off but I'm not sure what you'd do with the wiring.

Our 2010 vlx had an issue with the wedge failing right after we got it. Got stuck down and would not come up. Tried fuses but no luck, the dealer said it was a bad wire. They replaced it and it has worked great since.

Disconnect the actuators from the wedge and make sure the Wedge goes up and down easy.

Took my boat in a month ago with the same problem. In the end, the wedge was simply to tight and the actuators did not have enough power to pull it down.