Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Check out OUR new boat

RiverRunner

After a fair share of problems that one might expect with living in Houston and buying a boat in California Kevin and I finally worked out all the details and planned to meet last Friday in El Paso, Texas. My wife, son, his girlfriend and I left Houston late Thursday afternoon and headed to a relatives house in San Antonio, about a two and a half hour drive. That night the wife and I were lying in bed like two kids waiting on Christmas morning to arrive. We were only able to get about four hours of sleep before we woke up and started our (560 plus mile each way) trip to El Paso, Texas to pick up OUR new boat, a 2004 Wakesetter 23 LSV. To make a long boring trip short we made it to El Paso about an hour before Kevin and stopped at Barnett Harley-Davidson the world’s largest HD dealership to wait for him. Well time went by slow a couple of t-shirts, a look around the dealership later Kevin and the boat were finally in sight. I thought my wife was going to start jumping up and down she was so excited, guess I am one of those lucky guys that has a CFO that likes boating as much if not more than me. We visited with Kevin for awhile hitched the boat to the truck and headed back to San Antonio, we pulled into the driveway at 1:30am looking like zombies. The next morning we headed back to Houston, gave the boat a good cleaning so we could head to the lake New Years Day.

Edited by RiverRunner
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RiverRunner

• chathamsolutions

• stewart

• stusumm

nice boat!!!

i'm usually against other-than-black illusion x towers, but that gray looks phenomenal! that speaker enclosure is awesome as well! those dice are rad!

Edited by madchild

Here is a couple of pictures of the dash on the 1st of January 2006 what better way to start out our new year than to be on the lake in our new boat.

Edited by RiverRunner

Looks awesome!! The colours are really good. Damn also look at the tower speaker encolsure!! Very nice indeed! Your going to have alot of great times with that.

81 degree water in January....man makes me angry, water is frozen over here.

nice boat!!!

i'm usually against other-than-black illusion x towers, but that gray looks phenomenal! that speaker enclosure is awesome as well! those dice are rad!

We love the way the grey tower matches the great gel coat and interior everything flows together great

Nice!! even though you've gone to the darkside Tease2.gif

But I found my father... Starwars.gif

Congrats Ken, I'm glad everything went well buying a boat site unseen I would imagine can be stressful. :):)

Yes is was stressful at times but, Kevin is a real stand up guy and everything worked itself out.

Awesome boat. Welcome to the LSV family. You'll love that ride. You'll also love the Extreme trailer. I've simply loved mine.

I do love the Extreme trailer coming back from the lake on the 1st traffic came to a quick stop, I hit the brakes hard and it almost felt like the disc brakes on the trailer were the ones slowing both the truck and boat down, I have a lot more confidence towing the bigger boat now.

Here is a couple of pictures of the dash on the 1st of January 2006 what better way to start out our new year than to be on the lake in our new boat.

81*air/81*water....you suck! Crappy boat too!

Real nice lookin'!! Tongue.gif

Patrick Biggrin.gif

OK...I will tell the secret of 81 degree water in Jan. we were at Lake Fayette County which is a power plant lake. The main body of the lake was around 72 is was 81 near the outlet. We went to Lake Conroe on the 2nd and it was 80 air temp and 64 water temp, I figured the water temp would of been in the mid 50's but, was pleasently surprised with mid 60's. Greenhead met us at Conroe and his boat had the same water and air temp., come to Texas for winter water fun.

What is that hanging from the tower?? Is that some sort of new navigation light required by the Texas Lake Authority :lol: