Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what oil are you running

oh no you di-int!

Might as well take a survey of religion and political party affiliation too.

Me... well I just went to NAPA and picked up a gallon jug and quart of NAPA branded 15/40 and NAPA fuel and oil filters. This stuff gets changed every 50 hours and my oil still looked pretty good coming out.

I hate that you can't use words less than 4 letters in the search feature

use the google one (the first one)

you're probably using the 'find words' search

20W 50 conventional. gets changed twice a year, and looked good coming out last week. Now 15 hours on the new oil. Maybe three changes this year.

oh and conservitive Christian that is ticked off at all political parties!!!!

Napa 20w-50 since its what the previous owner used for 530 hours before I got the boat, and the compression is 180 +/- 5 psi in all cylinders, and have 35 hours on this oil change the oil could pass for new. :)

Used to use Rotella T now using Valvoline Premium Blue 15w40 (reports of this being a better oil in several aspects). My guess is that the most important thing is to do the changes as least every 50 hours.

oh no you di-int!

Might as well take a survey of religion and political party affiliation too.

Me... well I just went to NAPA and picked up a gallon jug and quart of NAPA branded 15/40 and NAPA fuel and oil filters. This stuff gets changed every 50 hours and my oil still looked pretty good coming out.

:plus1:

Penzoil marine, just like it says in my Indmar owner's manual.

And, I'm atheist.

Very hard to find the Penzoil Marine around here!

Very hard to find the Penzoil Marine around here!

You're right.

The only place I can find it is at W. Marine. Or, inboardonline.com but, it's not cheap when you factor in the shipping.

Edited by Pistol Pete

You're right.

The only place I can find it is at W. Marine. Or, inboardonline.com but, it's not cheap when you factor in the shipping.

I think Bakes may carry it as well. The lack of availability is what switched me to NAPA. I did find that Costco carries Mobile One for cheap.