Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to install Perfect Pass Smart Timer Magnetic Sensors

Finally decided to upgrade my old Perfect Pass system to StarGazer. I need to get two magnetic sensors installed. I have a 2005 Response Lxi. How do I run the wire for the passenger side magnetic sensor over to the driver side where the Perfect Pass Module is installed?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Finally decided to upgrade my old Perfect Pass system to StarGazer. I need to get two magnetic sensors installed. I have a 2005 Response Lxi. How do I run the wire for the passenger side magnetic sensor over to the driver side where the Perfect Pass Module is installed?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

My first question would be why do you need smart timers on both sides? stargazer allows one magnet full course (and each buoy) timing so more magnets (and timers) not necessary. Much cheaper to add a magnet on other side of boat guides than buy another smart timer, but if you already have and still want to use, I'd use the whole for battery cables and fish it through bilge or around bow under the seats.

...said simpler, you only need one timer and 2 magnets to get times running both directions

Edited by 85 Barefoot

I think the OP is trying to go the other way. First remove the pannel at the front of the engine bilge area. It should be 4 to 6 screws. Once it is removed you can see where all the factory wires run under the pylon. You should be able to follow those over to the hole in the floor that is behind the drivers foot rest where the wires run up to the dash controls and instruments. As was mentioned the set up is the same in the spotters storage area where the main battery cables run. It is a shorter run than going all the way around the bow.

I ran mine through the bow and zip tied to existing wires from drivers area where the module is to passenger area behind the battery. It picks up great and I haven't had any issues. It always picks up the gates. I agree you only need one.

I think the OP is trying to go the other way. First remove the pannel at the front of the engine bilge area. It should be 4 to 6 screws. Once it is removed you can see where all the factory wires run under the pylon. You should be able to follow those over to the hole in the floor that is behind the drivers foot rest where the wires run up to the dash controls and instruments. As was mentioned the set up is the same in the spotters storage area where the main battery cables run. It is a shorter run than going all the way around the bow.

You mean in the course? If so, he just needs one magnet at the gates going the other way. cheaper and easier than running 2 timers.