Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody with polished windshield frame?

mainekneeboarder

My windshield frame paint has started chipping off and its starting to make a mess in the boat. It falls off and sticks to the upholstery making it a bit hard to get off. It has been starting to chip for the last two years, just has never made the mess. My girlfriend has been bugging me to strip it and polish it since it started a year or so ago but I have held off because I was afraid of the glare it might produce? Do any of you have the frame polished, and does it really bother with glare? I'm ether striping it and repainting or polishing it very soon, I cant stand the mess its making. Thanks for any insight.

:plus1:

Mine doing it too. i never thought about polishing it. I was just going to sand and try to repaint, although I am not sure how long that will last either.

I had the same issue on my 2001 SunKicker. I just removed, stripped and polished the top cap of the windshield a month ago. Looks incredible and does not cause a glare issue while on the water. Everyone who saw the before and after was amazed at the difference. There are some good articles the crew put out on how to go about it. Probably took me 3 hours start to finish to remove, polish and reassemble.

My 2004 VLX had the same issue. I took the windshield off, drilled out the rivets, disassembled the frame, and had a local powdercoater go to town on them. Reassembly was a PITA because all of the rivet holes have to line back up, but I think the results are worth it, looks brand new.

I had the same issue on my 2001 SunKicker. I just removed, stripped and polished the top cap of the windshield a month ago. Looks incredible and does not cause a glare issue while on the water. Everyone who saw the before and after was amazed at the difference. There are some good articles the crew put out on how to go about it. Probably took me 3 hours start to finish to remove, polish and reassemble.

Have any pics?

I am having the same issues and have not decided how to proceed yet.

Edited by Bu hoo