Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HYDROWAKE SHARK TOWER REVIEWS

BG2085

boat is a 2000 23 escape. on a very limited budget for the tower....would love to have a star one but it will be out of my budget by the time i put accessories on it.

anyone know anything about the hydrowake shark tower? can get a black one with light bar for $ 800 shipped. we are not hardcore boarders AT ALL..this is a family boat. im not expecting them to be top quality but does anyone have any real world experience? thanks

• Like 1

All those cheap towers are made in the same place--Aerial, Krypt, Hydrowake, etc. It'll come down to whoever has the best customer service in the US for when you have an issue.

http://www.made-in-china.com/productdirectory.do?subaction=hunt&mode=and&style=b&word=wakeboard+tower&isOpenCorrection=1&comProvince=nolimit&code=0

I'd save the money rather than lower the value of the boat. Use a pylon, save your pennies, get what you want later. Or just ride from the stock pylon and improve your technique.

Don't mean to sound harsh, just trying to help.

All those cheap towers are made in the same place--Aerial, Krypt, Hydrowake, etc. It'll come down to whoever has the best customer service in the US for when you have an issue.

http://www.made-in-china.com/productdirectory.do?subaction=hunt&mode=and&style=b&word=wakeboard+tower&isOpenCorrection=1&comProvince=nolimit&code=0

I'd save the money rather than lower the value of the boat. Use a pylon, save your pennies, get what you want later. Or just ride from the stock pylon and improve your technique.

Don't mean to sound harsh, just trying to help.

Did anyone notice the Axis boats in this link on the second page?

Terry

Intresting that he is looking for a tower and Star One sent him a PM...good customer services and trying to help him out...NICE :thumbup:

Thanks... And dont forget about the 15% discount for all paid members of The Crew...

Intresting that he is looking for a tower and Star One sent him a PM...good customer services and trying to help him out...NICE :thumbup:

brett with star one has bent over backwards trying to help....i cant do business with him right now but i might just wait until i can. i would highly recommend them. thanks for your input and help

martinarcher

brett with star one has bent over backwards trying to help....i cant do business with him right now but i might just wait until i can. i would highly recommend them. thanks for your input and help

Yep - they rock and make the best towers you can buy. One option you might consider is having Brett not finish the tower and polishing it yourself. That might save you a few bucks on the finishing costs and you would still end up with one of the best towers out there! Rockon.gif Polishing is easy, just takes a bit of time and elbow grease.

• 1 year later...

Anyone who buys a Hydrowake product is wasting their money. I bought their wakeboard racks and got what I paid for... a cheap product! Should have known better, but the price was to good. You get what you pay for, so bad on me. Held out hope that their customer service who help me out, but they just strung me along. My only satisfaction will be too continuosly ding them whenever the opportunity comes along.

• 8 months later...

I am also looking for a tower for my 97 Responce .What should I look for in buying a tower and cost . Mine Iis also a family boat ski board knee fish drink....... So I was also looking at the cheaper models. I want it in black so that might help. Thanks Hop up

Just remember that a junk tower actually takes value away from the boat instead of adding to it. Any knowledgeable buyer will take a look at the China-bay tower and start calculating the gel repair costs from removing it then the cost of actually putting a proper tower on.

It is better to wait than to throw one of those cheapy towers on your boat.