Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DESPERATE FOR 2005 Driver Windshield

malibuwakerider

My driver side windshield was destroyed on my 05 Wakesetter. Malibu was not helpful at all and basically blew me off providing me with three different companies from which they buy windshields. Very great customer service after giving them $65,000 for a brand new boat not long ago. Taylor Made wants a part number and Malibu wouldn't give me one as they said they buy windshields from all over and don't know what windshield is installed in what boat. Other companies are wanting detailed measurements of all the angles and what have you. Has to be an easier solution??

My insurance is fantastic and ready to cut a check. I've been on the phone for three hours getting the runaround from every company I've called. Now I'm calling salvage yards all over US trying to find one. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Chad

jkendallmsce

My driver side windshield was destroyed on my 05 Wakesetter. Malibu was not helpful at all and basically blew me off providing me with three different companies from which they buy windshields. Very great customer service after giving them $65,000 for a brand new boat not long ago. Taylor Made wants a part number and Malibu wouldn't give me one as they said they buy windshields from all over and don't know what windshield is installed in what boat. Other companies are wanting detailed measurements of all the angles and what have you. Has to be an easier solution??

My insurance is fantastic and ready to cut a check. I've been on the phone for three hours getting the runaround from every company I've called. Now I'm calling salvage yards all over US trying to find one. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Chad

Try this fella:

Blake Moore

Director of Customer Service & Warranty

[email protected]

Blake replaced Mike Sanchez about a year ago.

is your dealer helpful? part numbers are listed on build sheets and now dealers have to look this up and is what malibu needs and is refusing to look up for you, apparently. Call your dealer, he can look up the part numbers for you. I bet some dealers here may be willing to do so as well.

The dealer hasn't been much help thus far. Ill call them back and press the issue you just described tho! Thanks

jkendallmsce

Sent Blake an email. Thanks.

As many of the vendors have come and gone, it is going to increasingly difficult to get certain parts. The vendor for our 2007 SE windshield is no longer around.

Let us know how it turns out

Edited by jkendallmsce

After extensive internet research and my pictures being emailed everywhere, I just found out that Pacific Coast Marine manufactured my windshield in 2005. I was contacted by an employee named Cameron and can't tell you how helpful he was! He said he currently has several Malibu replacement windshields being built in the factory and I'm not the only person that is disgruntled with Malibu's customer service lately. Regardless, my problem is solved and he's constructing me a new windshield upon approval from my State Farm adjuster. Thanks for the responses and assistance.

Malibuwakerider - please email me about this. Starboard side glass is readily available. Port side is available, but out of stock currently. Can be ordered, but there is a build lead time naturally. PCW is not known for their speed.

My email is linked in the signature.

Thanks,

Peter

Edited by SmoothWaterMan