Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

99 malibu 325hp heat problems

the 325 hp motor started to push heat gauge up when idling and not moving... i checked the impeller and its great replaced last year. we to start? any ideas if intake can plug host to impeller? checked connection to screen thingy on other side of hose from impeller all looks good? Any ideas

the 325 hp motor started to push heat gauge up when idling and not moving... i checked the impeller and its great replaced last year. we to start? any ideas if intake can plug host to impeller? checked connection to screen thingy on other side of hose from impeller all looks good? Any ideas

how much is "up"?

If the cooler screen is clean, change the impeller first. If only an issue at idle (ie, water not being forced in with speed) then there's not much else.

Peter

Check the impeller gasket. Mine was leaking air at idle causing temps to go up. I could bump the throttle and it would cool right down. New gasket and all seems good now.

while you're at it, check all hose connections, especially at the water strainer if you have one. A little air getting in the system will affect prime when water not being "helped" through the system by pushing through clamshell.