Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Will acme 1235 fit?

Fitz33

Shoot Nettle props an email, those guys are prop gurus and are awesome to deal with as well. They will definitely take care of you. I included my phone number and had a phone call from Mr. Nettle very quickly, just be ready to answer some simple boat info questions.

Will this prop fit my 2002 wakesetter LSV with the HH? Also any thoughts on this prop for my boat? We are 100% wake board ,wake surf.

It will work on your boat, your going to cut down top end by 5-6 MPH though.

Did you check out our prop refernce guides on our site? Acme 1235 We have a factory prop guide and a upgrade reference sheet for you so you can see how many "steps" your going away from your factory prop.

Glad to help you get set up with what you need. Nettle is losing their Acme dealership because they are selling props way below MAP (minimum advertise price) pricing but if there is other items you need for your Malibu i can figure out a way to make it worth your while to shop thru Bake's.

Hope this info helped you out

-Paul

I've got a 2000 lsv Wakesetter (3400 lbs) that had a 537 prop (13.5 x 16) on it when I got it. It would top out at 43 mph at 5000 RPM with no ballast, one driver, no additional loads, smooth water. All around, I have been pretty happy with the prop skiing, wakeboard, and surfing.

Last week a bolted up a 1235 prop(14.5 x 14.25) to test it out. The difference was incredible on the low end, the boat would rev and accelerate like a hot rod. The tack appeared to climb effortlessly. A quick test found the boat would now top out at 40 mph (gps) at 5200 RPM under the same load and conditions, very quickly. A test surfing found the wave it produced while the fat sacks (about 3300 lbs) were full was much denser than before with the old prop. I cant explain why, but at the same speed, in the same boat, with the same weight the boat was so much easier to surf behind as its wave was now thicker and stronger. It wasn't a slight difference either, it was dramatic. The boat never struggled with the old prop either. For some reason the larger diameter prop made a much better surf wave. Crazy, but if you are a big guy (250 lbs) and you have problems getting enough push from your wave, the prop change could make all the difference.

Now for the cons of the 1235 prop on my boat. The boat revs very fast, accelerates very hard right to 5200RPM. I'm not sure if i have a rev limiter or not (?), but while I can watch to ensure I don't over rev it, my 15 y/o daughter might make a mistake and blow the engine up by over revving it.. Also, for skiing a slalom skier at 38 MPH, you are turning around 5000 RPM, which is kinda scary to have the revs up that high. So perfect its not, but it was pretty close. For surfing it was supreme, wake boarding and air chairing perfect again. Even tubing was super with it. Slalom skiing or general cruising at high speed was at RPM's higher than I was comfortable with.

We ski on a private lake and thus don't have to travel by water to a good ski spot. If I was in a situation where I covered a lot of water going somewhere, I would be concerned about this type of prop. Fuel use will increase...

I plan on trying the 1273 prop next. It may give me just a little less low end and still a great wave.

I hope these real world tests helped.

I've got a 2000 lsv Wakesetter (3400 lbs) that had a 537 prop (13.5 x 16) on it when I got it. It would top out at 43 mph at 5000 RPM with no ballast, one driver, no additional loads, smooth water. All around, I have been pretty happy with the prop skiing, wakeboard, and surfing.

Last week a bolted up a 1235 prop(14.5 x 14.25) to test it out. The difference was incredible on the low end, the boat would rev and accelerate like a hot rod. The tack appeared to climb effortlessly. A quick test found the boat would now top out at 40 mph (gps) at 5200 RPM under the same load and conditions, very quickly. A test surfing found the wave it produced while the fat sacks (about 3300 lbs) were full was much denser than before with the old prop. I cant explain why, but at the same speed, in the same boat, with the same weight the boat was so much easier to surf behind as its wave was now thicker and stronger. It wasn't a slight difference either, it was dramatic. The boat never struggled with the old prop either. For some reason the larger diameter prop made a much better surf wave. Crazy, but if you are a big guy (250 lbs) and you have problems getting enough push from your wave, the prop change could make all the difference.

Now for the cons of the 1235 prop on my boat. The boat revs very fast, accelerates very hard right to 5200RPM. I'm not sure if i have a rev limiter or not (?), but while I can watch to ensure I don't over rev it, my 15 y/o daughter might make a mistake and blow the engine up by over revving it.. Also, for skiing a slalom skier at 38 MPH, you are turning around 5000 RPM, which is kinda scary to have the revs up that high. So perfect its not, but it was pretty close. For surfing it was supreme, wake boarding and air chairing perfect again. Even tubing was super with it. Slalom skiing or general cruising at high speed was at RPM's higher than I was comfortable with.

We ski on a private lake and thus don't have to travel by water to a good ski spot. If I was in a situation where I covered a lot of water going somewhere, I would be concerned about this type of prop. Fuel use will increase...

I plan on trying the 1273 prop next. It may give me just a little less low end and still a great wave.

I hope these real world tests helped.

For the skier as well. FYI, there is no reason to be pulling a skier that fast, that's faster than open mens.