Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Take a look at the 247

Rson

Great write up. I was just thinking if you had 15 of your friends out wakeboard and surfing how long is it between sets??? 120 qt cooler keeps your drinks ICE COLD. I would like to see if thats true for you Texan's.

Is that it on the cover? This must be a new look for Malibu :lol:

D-Goose

Six beers between sets. Biggrin.gif The 247 actually has 2 coolers one large and one smaller so if you only have a few people you don't need to burn 6 bags of ice. If you have a full boat, plenty of room for drinks.

Did you see where the power wedge will give a downforce equal to between 400 and 1200 lbs of ballast.

IIRC the downforce on a normal wedge is 1000 lbs and it has me wondering if modifying the angle of a standard wedge will give a max of 200 lbs more downforce or when Malibu Engineers developed the wedge did they already set it in the position where it is at maximum downforce.

Maybe 1000 lbs of downforce is all that is possible no matter what the angle.

The Classic Bumble Bee color scheme did not do it for me. I liked the blue/white version on the malibu ad better.

Did you see where the power wedge will give a downforce equal to between 400 and 1200 lbs of ballast.

IIRC the downforce on a normal wedge is 1000 lbs and it has me wondering if modifying the angle of a standard wedge will give a max of 200 lbs more downforce or when Malibu Engineers developed the wedge did they already set it in the position where it is at maximum downforce.

Since there is really no definitive study or empirical evidence that I have seen, I think that the Bu engineers are just guessing. Well? Somewhere between 400 and 1200 I guess, that should cover it.

Also I would think the downforce is related to speed as well as angle. There Has to be more downforce at 21 mph than 11 mph. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for the wedge and I'm still working on my Surf/Wedge mod but I think it is somewhat Odd that there is little or no wedge data out there. Not even from Malibu, except... 400-1200.

Since there is really no definitive study or empirical evidence that I have seen, I think that the Bu engineers are just guessing. Well? Somewhere between 400 and 1200 I guess, that should cover it.

Also I would think the downforce is related to speed as well as angle. There Has to be more downforce at 21 mph than 11 mph. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for the wedge and I'm still working on my Surf/Wedge mod but I think it is somewhat Odd that there is little or no wedge data out there. Not even from Malibu, except... 400-1200.

I'm guessing that the 400-1200 range is dependant on where you have the wedge positioned. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I disagree, Malibu cannot advertise these figures if they are not true. There must be some data or at least a math calculation to support that statement. Perhaps we are just not privy to this information.

Here is the quote: "Controlled at the helm this wedge can create the equivalent of an added 400-1200 lbs of ballast."

I do agree with Greg_S:

I'm guessing that the 400-1200 range is dependant on where you have the wedge positioned. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.