Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Brad B

V-Drive tray

Brad B

Was doin all my tweak ups to get ready for next season and was wondering if that tray I saw on the '05 LSV under the seat where the V-Drive is will fit an '03?

lake texoma

Brad

I have a 05 LSV and not sure what tray you are talking about?? If you want me to measure it(if I have it) I will.

Later

Shawn

Brad B

When you lift up the middle back seat there is a removable tray covering the V-Drive area - at least on some.

WakeGirl

I've read that the pre-'06 boats don't have enough clearance from the top of the v-drive unit. In '06, they went to a new tranny/vdrive combo so it could be true, check with your dealer for verification.

Greg_S

Tracie - Are you talking about the VLX's? I'm pretty sure I saw that tray at the boat show last year on a 05 LSV.

lake texoma

OK not mine. Mine just has the V-Drive there. So it must be in 06, although mine was a sept-oct of 04 build.

later

Shawn

WakeGirl

I was told that the change to the vdrive unit was across the board, but I don't know how it affects the LSV with regard to the tray. I seem to recall another thread that talks about this, I'll try & dig it up.

EDIT: Found it. According to this thread it won't work on the LSV. YMMV of course.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3123

Greg_S

Well, I guess the tray issue combined with the power wedge option may have me looking harder at the boat show this year - Dontknow.gif

Brad B

Then I'll take some measurements and find a container that fits

wakeace

Brad,

I think that the trays that you saw were on the 06 247 from WSA that we test surfed in September.