Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fuel filter

board brained

guys can u help me out. Was out couple days ago, boarding for a bout 4 hours, boat ran great however when heading back the boat started shaking, like I had a rope around the shaft or prop. anything over 1000 rpm and the motor stumbled, in gear and in neutral reving the motor cause unbelievable shaking........ after I limped back to the launch under 1000 rpm and let it sit a while then re-fired it was fine for a short period..... then sounded and felt like a tractor motor again.

I think it is a fuel issue and wanted to start with the fuel filter. so the embarrassing question on a 2007 Vride 320 LCR is the filter in the tank? as it is not inline....

thanks guys

It is my understanding that 2007s don't have a fuel filter (my 8.1 doesn't, anyway). LCR could be different. I've nevr had filter cause the shuddering you have but have with a pump issue. I'm going to speculate that you will be replacing pump soon.

thanks.....

It is my understanding that 2007s don't have a fuel filter (my 8.1 doesn't, anyway). LCR could be different. I've nevr had filter cause the shuddering you have but have with a pump issue. I'm going to speculate that you will be replacing pump soon.

thanks guys but mine is totally different. I am currently in memphis so when I get back to vancouver I will post a pic. the boat is under warranty still so it is scheduled to go tot the dealer on monday......was just hoping I could get at something Friday and save the weekend......

If you look down and see something like this, then #1 is your fuel filter. However, my buddies 07LSV is in or on the tank.

Fuel Filter is in the tank.........

.....mmmm., I don't think so, your fuel PUMP is in the tank but it is my understanding that when they went to the intank pump deisgn there is no more filter BICBW. I have replaced the pump on my 2007 and there is no filter.

buddy of mine back home just pulled it for me so.....yep it is in the tank as he ordered a new one for me

.....mmmm., I don't think so, your fuel PUMP is in the tank but it is my understanding that when they went to the intank pump deisgn there is no more filter BICBW. I have replaced the pump on my 2007 and there is no filter.

My 07 has a fuel filter just inside the tank where the fuel line exits. Remove the snapring, pull the filter out, buy new one for about 89 cents and put it in. Oh, and if you're me, lose the snapring into the bilge, find it, lose it again by flinging it into the street at night, swear, find it, and put it back in. Simple!

While you have it apart you should go ahead and check your fuel pressure to make sure the filter is your only problem. I had the same issue and yes I had a mostly pluged filter, but I also had low fuel pressure after replacing the filter and had to replace the pump as well. Just trying to save you some time. Good Luck

CB

was just told the gas looked muddy as well so not sure what is up........

but thanks for the info will do as u suggested

While you have it apart you should go ahead and check your fuel pressure to make sure the filter is your only problem. I had the same issue and yes I had a mostly pluged filter, but I also had low fuel pressure after replacing the filter and had to replace the pump as well. Just trying to save you some time. Good Luck

CB

just wanted to follow up

it was water in the fuel, filter is in the tank. drained the fuel, replaced the filter, replaced the fuel, changed the vent so water will not get in when surfing, added some STP water separator, boat runs great on fake a lake, will be taking it out tomorrow to see if everything holds.............