Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best prop for wakesurfing

Garibaldi

I have a 2008 VTX. With the front, center, and 1 back tank full and the power wedge down, 4 adults in the boat I can only reach 9.5 mph. Since I perchased the boat used, I am not sure of what prop is mounted. i want to know what prop everyone uses for wakesurfing? I don't need speed above about 35 mph as I ski at 32 mph.

More than likely unless otherwise specified for the high altitude prop the Acme 537 is the stock prop for that boat. I wouldn't suggest going more much more aggressive if you ski otherwise you'll be at the upper rpm range, plowing through gas etc. The Stock prop will do both but you can't have low end pulling power w/o giving up rpm's on the upper range....give and take.

More than likely unless otherwise specified for the high altitude prop the Acme 537 is the stock prop for that boat. I wouldn't suggest going more much more aggressive if you ski otherwise you'll be at the upper rpm range, plowing through gas etc. The Stock prop will do both but you can't have low end pulling power w/o giving up rpm's on the upper range....give and take.

Thanks for the advice. Is there an easy way to check what prop in on the boat? It is currently on the trailer.

Should be stamped right on the hub of the prop. Go out and look at the back of your prop and you'll see the model number as well as two numbers diameter x pitch.

Still, I'm surprised you're having that issue.

agreed and I would find out first why you can only do 9.5mph with only 4 people in the boat and stock ballast being used.

I have a 2008 VTX. With the front, center, and 1 back tank full and the power wedge down, 4 adults in the boat I can only reach 9.5 mph. Since I perchased the boat used, I am not sure of what prop is mounted. i want to know what prop everyone uses for wakesurfing? I don't need speed above about 35 mph as I ski at 32 mph.

has the boat ever gone faster than that? do you have speed control on?