Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Owner

TimD

Hey All - Just thought I'd send off an intro e-mail after buying my first mailbu this past weekend. I've spent the last 6 years on a new hampshire lake and just decided to make the switch from our family bowrider to a serious sports rig. I looked around a bunch, lurked on this forum for awhile and decided to pull the trigger on a 2011 VTX. I originally went to the dealer to check out a used 2010 but didn't love that boat. Another customer at the dealer had just ordered a 2011 and backed out of the deal and that was the boat I purchased. It's ebony/graphite, with the 410HP Malibu L96 motor option, three ballast tanks, manual wedge, etc.

I'm totally pumped and reading everything I can find to help me dial in the best wakes for slalom skiing, while also tweaking wakes for wakeboarding and surfing. I'm hoping to learn a lot from the experts on this forum. Thanks in advance with the many newbie questions I'm bound to have!

Tim

Edited by TimD

Tim,

Congrats on your new VTX, and welcome to being a Malibu boat owner. This is a great site of info and openions to help with your Malibu experience. Post pictures of your ride soon. :yahoo:

CB

Hey all - Thanks for the welcome. I've been tied up for a couple of days running back and forth from the lake (where my family and new boat are) to home where I work. Believe it or not, I don't even have a good picture of the rig yet. Every free minute I've had since I bought it has been spent either driving or being towed. I'll try to post a couple of nice one's when I have a few minutes to break out the camera.

As for speed, I'd guess this boat will break 50mph. I demo'd a 2010 with a 350 last week and it was right at about 49mph (speedo indicated). I'm still breaking in and haven't run it at WOT yet but I'll post when I do. Is anyone else running the L96 motor in their VTX? I'm wondering how rare it is. Someone supposedly ordered this one and then bailed on the order.

I'm still playing with it and feeling it out. It's a blast to drive so far and i'm hoping to get the hang of maximizing wake performance over the next few weekends.

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by TimD

Will it be stored/parked outdoors? If so, the best investment you can make is in a waterline cover. I live in FLA, my boat is on a lift and it shines like new. If you already have a cover, a good canvas shop can skirt it instead of buying a whole new one.