Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Brake Question

I have a 2008 Boatmate with 4 wheel disc brakes.

One of the brakes appears to be sticking, and when we got to the storage place yesterday it was smelly hot and finger touch hot (with a blister to prove it :whistle: .

Anyway, I am trying to find someone near the storage place to work on it (5 hours away), but if I can't, are there any suggestions on what the problem might be and what tools I should take back with me to try and do a repair?

We heard a little rubbing when we were in the campground, then it went away for 2 days. Then when we got to the storage place we noticed the smell and the hot disk.

I have a 2008 Boatmate with 4 wheel disc brakes.

One of the brakes appears to be sticking, and when we got to the storage place yesterday it was smelly hot and finger touch hot (with a blister to prove it :whistle: .

Anyway, I am trying to find someone near the storage place to work on it (5 hours away), but if I can't, are there any suggestions on what the problem might be and what tools I should take back with me to try and do a repair?

We heard a little rubbing when we were in the campground, then it went away for 2 days. Then when we got to the storage place we noticed the smell and the hot disk.

you can lock out the brakes or remove the caliper by removing the 2 bolts that hold the caliper on, then wire it up to the axle until you can swap it out. Dragging brake issues are usually caused by: supply hose broken down on inside, pad broken, slider pins need lubing, or piston boot rotted or broken allowing debris to enter the bore.

you can lock out the brakes or remove the caliper by removing the 2 bolts that hold the caliper on, then wire it up to the axle until you can swap it out. Dragging brake issues are usually caused by: supply hose broken down on inside, pad broken, slider pins need lubing, or piston boot rotted or broken allowing debris to enter the bore.

:plus1: on the slider pins... Pop it off and see if it moves freely.