Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hyperlite Landlock?

Levi900RR

I have a Landlock and I like it. My boat is a DD and it works well with that wave.

Thanks man, your 23 prolly throws a bigger wave than my little Skier... Your probably running a wedge and 1100lbs or more?

Thanks man, your 23 prolly throws a bigger wave than my little Skier... Your probably running a wedge and 1100lbs or more?

The stock on the xti is 900 total lbs ballast. I run one side full at approx 300lbs and the bow ballast at about 300 lbs and the power wedge. It's probably significantly bigger than the skier wake, but the board is a great one for our 'challenged' waves! I feel you can't go wrong with this board and a DD. The 5'6" Broadcast is mentioned frequently on this site for DD wakes. If the price is right, get it, I think you'll be pleased!

Yea, thats a long board at 5'6 and should be ridable on most of the smaller, washed out waves. With a little bit of ballast your DD should put something off that you can ride for as long as you want on that board.

Just remember, its still gonna be a bit harder to surf and you will have to focus on your form and balance. Any sacs you can find to add to the rear of the boat will help significantly with the wave.

Edited by Jab31169

If you are looking for a larger board that will work on a smaller wake, I would get the Inland Surfer Red Woddy or the new version Red Rocket. I have ridden this board with almost no wake, It will work better on bigger wakes also. Well worth the money to have a truly versitile board.

Matthew

Just remember, its still gonna be a bit harder to surf and you will have to focus on your form and balance. Any sacs you can find to add to the rear of the boat will help significantly with the wave.

I have a 750 on order for the rear, hoping that with that and the 500 on the surf side I will have enough to go ropeless!

If you are looking for a larger board that will work on a smaller wake, I would get the Inland Surfer Red Woddy or the new version Red Rocket. I have ridden this board with almost no wake, It will work better on bigger wakes also. Well worth the money to have a truly versitile board.

Matthew

Matt, Thanks for the tip. I really dont have an extra $400 in the budget this year. Maybe next. Unless you want to buy my Obrien! :biggrin:

IMO... We ran a group buy on this Landlock many years ago, Probably '03 or so. This was one of the first true wakesurf boards on the market. I bought one then. We still use that board and I wouldn't sell it unless I could find another. That board is the one we teach people to surf on. It's so easy to ride that anyone can ride it. It's the board that we use for surfing with two people, wether it's an adult and a kid or an adult with a small wife. It's the board that my 270 lb S.I.L. rides. When he's here to ride, I switch the stock fins out for some 1.6 fins. It fits him well. For the average size rider and smaller, you will out grow it pretty fast. For us, it's the perfect all around boat board even though it's not the board we normally ride. For the price it's at now, I'd buy it and I don't need it!

BTW...There are several versions of the Landlock out there now that are different boards. This one is the only one I would recommend for these riding styles.

IMO... We ran a group buy on this Landlock many years ago, Probably '03 or so. This was one of the first true wakesurf boards on the market. I bought one then. We still use that board and I wouldn't sell it unless I could find another. That board is the one we teach people to surf on. It's so easy to ride that anyone can ride it. It's the board that we use for surfing with two people, wether it's an adult and a kid or an adult with a small wife. It's the board that my 270 lb S.I.L. rides. When he's here to ride, I switch the stock fins out for some 1.6 fins. It fits him well. For the average size rider and smaller, you will out grow it pretty fast. For us, it's the perfect all around boat board even though it's not the board we normally ride. For the price it's at now, I'd buy it and I don't need it!

BTW...There are several versions of the Landlock out there now that are different boards. This one is the only one I would recommend for these riding styles.

Levi- please excuse the hijack

Ronnie-I just taught a buddy (and myself) to wakesurf on my Broadcast 5.6 behind his '04 23LSV. He is in the market for a board, for him and his family to learn & use, as well as friends. Which is better, the Broadcast or the Landlock? Or something else? I know this has been beaten to death, but was wondering if there was something new.

Ronnie-I just taught a buddy (and myself) to wakesurf on my Broadcast 5.6 behind his '04 23LSV. He is in the market for a board, for him and his family to learn & use, as well as friends. Which is better, the Broadcast or the Landlock? Or something else? I know this has been beaten to death, but was wondering if there was something new.

I'm not Ronnie, but if you go over to centurioncrew.com (yeah yeah), they are running a group buy on blem inland surfer squirts. Best deal going right now IMHO.

(you need to register on their site for the link to work)

Edited by shawndoggy

IIRC... The 5'6" Broadcast is the same as the Landlock that is on Ebay. Several years ago they changed from only a 4'9" broadcast to include the 5'6" Landlock under the name Broadcast. The new 5'11" Landlock is a whole different board and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's a monster. Won't fit in wakeboard racks either like these other ones will. It's also like surfing on a sheet of plywood. Very hard to maneuver unless you are a big guy.

The Landlock in the auction the OP is looking at isn't the latest & greatest board out there. It's old school but it is so easy to surf on that it still has it's place. There are many boards out there that will do the same thing but when you can pick up a general all around newbie board for under $100 it's a steal.

I got all turned around in this thread! I have the Broadcast, not Landlock and it looks like the one on ebay. I agree with Ronnie, DO NOT buy the longer Landlock that looks more like a traditional surfboard. The 5'6" Broadcast is the one I have and I like it. I have also ridden the 6' Landlock and I didn't like it.

This thread rules. I might end up with 3 boards by the end of this... :crazy:

I am the high bidder on that old Landlock on e-bay (stay away people... :biggrin: )

I e-mailed the dude in Denver about that Inland Surfer

AND, there is a local guy selling a Hypertight ( :lol: ) "Wavesurfer" that I am waiting on a pic of.

All said and done hopefully I will end up with a board that I can go ropeless on without sinking my boat! :surfing:

Edited by Levi900RR

I have a 750 on order for the rear, hoping that with that and the 500 on the surf side I will have enough to go ropeless!

Matt, Thanks for the tip. I really dont have an extra $400 in the budget this year. Maybe next. Unless you want to buy my Obrien! :biggrin:

To bad your on the west side of VT..Ill be in White River Junction in a month for a few days....I could bring an Inland Surfer or two and get you shredding in no time! :surfing:

Matthew

To bad your on the west side of VT..Ill be in White River Junction in a month for a few days....I could bring an Inland Surfer or two and get you shredding in no time! :surfing:

Matthew

Matt, let me know. My family lives about 15 mins from White River Jct...