Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

97 flightcraft ?

hey guys, im at my wits end trying to figure this problem out. i have a 97 flightcraft, and i have a small water spray leak in the back above battery box..

there is 3 brass tubes the 2 outside ones have water inlets going to them from the speedo pickups, and then tubes going off up to the speedo guages.. and the middle one has its water inlet coming from the speedo pickup in the gearbox of the engine, but somewhere i have lost whatever tube or plug or whatever was on the top side of the brass thing that it plugs into.. as i pick up speed it starts just spraying water out the top of it. i have taken to just plugging the top, and seem to not have any ill effect (atleast not that i know of) my question is do i even need that line coming in from the gearbox, can i just pull it back out from where it comes in through the hull and fasten it to where it just kinda srays out the back, or is there somewhere that the top of the brass thing was supposed to be ran to and i just lost the line?

fyi. i may have lost the line when i replaced the bubber boot seal on the hull (where all the lines go out to the motor)

thanks in advance

Just remove the tube from the gearbox or plug it as it will make no difference to the operation of it. This pickup is usally used for speedo's as well and you proberly have an extra option for tournament std spec speedos

Do you have a third speedo in the back?

Peter

well a third speedo pickup, but its not a trans mount, its coming from inside the outboard.