Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Idiots-Rant

FXIGUY

I rarely take the boat out on holiday weekends because it's amateur hour and I don't have much tolerance for stupidity. I went against my better judgement and went out yesterday with the family to celebrate my now 6 year old daughters July 4th birthday. We started early so the kids could tube before the lake got out of control with traffic and chop. We weren't out there fifteen minutes when a cabin cruiser nearly swamped us by driving 12-15 mph about 25 feet from my boat. I was standing on the swim platform getting the ropes and tube ready and we took the waves from the side....the closest to seriously concerned Ive been yet in my boat.....after some hand gestures....I calmed down and went back to the tube prep. Got the kids in the tube and got going and noticed a decent sized runabout coming directly at the 75 feet between the tube and the boat...Had I not been paying attention(Spotters didn't notice the other boat until I yelled) to goose the throttle and get the kids out of the way ,either the tube would have gotten hit with the kids in it or it would have been a very near near miss. We finally decided to just park behind an island and swim. That was great until the Jersey shore d-bags in daddy's Air Nautique decided to start throwing a football around...first they just got close to us with a few overthrown passes(probably the roids)....then they hit my boat....the first time. The second time, I stood up and calmly told them if they hit my boat again, I have a balloon launcher, 36 full beers and a kick a** lawyer ....Next I asked how dad would feel about his boat coming back with can sized chunks of gelcoat missing....the capper was this.....the mouthiest kid on the boat was the driver.....about an hour later , his dad pulled up on their poontoon....and I knew him from high school....we got to talking and I shared the prior events......guido got called out and ordered to take the boat home.... his day on the water was done....karma...she is indeed a b****!

Edited by FXIGUY

that is an awesome story

I share your pain, a day or so ago I am trying to get to the dock at the boat ramp. (notthing more than at T head dock and a two lane boat ramp with rock jetties on either side.) This Guido was a drunk 20 something who along with his GF, and a 10 or 11 yr old were swimming in the boat ramp off the boat ramp dock. Eight or so boats trying to get in and out. After I nearly pinched one of them against the dock, I told him that this was not a swimming area and to get out. Things went down hill from there. He ran his mouth out at me and then went on to start trouble with several others who were trying to use the boat ramp to launch and retrieve boats. About the time the GF moved her car blocking the boat trailers from entering the ramp, five police cars and one highway patrol car arrived. After he failed to convince law enforcement of his right to swim drunk at the boat ramp, he got stuffed in a police car and taken off to jail. I left hoping that the events would be a life lesson for my boys, and felt somewhat better later when the younger son told me that he could not top stupid on that one.

I rarely take the boat out on holiday weekends because it's amateur hour and I don't have much tolerance for stupidity. I went against my better judgement and went out yesterday with the family to celebrate my now 6 year old daughters July 4th birthday. We started early so the kids could tube before the lake got out of control with traffic and chop. We weren't out there fifteen minutes when a cabin cruiser nearly swamped us by driving 12-15 mph about 25 feet from my boat. I was standing on the swim platform getting the ropes and tube ready and we took the waves from the side....the closest to seriously concerned Ive been yet in my boat.....after some hand gestures....I calmed down and went back to the tube prep. Got the kids in the tube and got going and noticed a decent sized runabout coming directly at the 75 feet between the tube and the boat...Had I not been paying attention(Spotters didn't notice the other boat until I yelled) to goose the throttle and get the kids out of the way ,either the tube would have gotten hit with the kids in it or it would have been a very near near miss. We finally decided to just park behind an island and swim. That was great until the Jersey shore d-bags in daddy's Air Nautique decided to start throwing a football around...first they just got close to us with a few overthrown passes(probably the roids)....then they hit my boat....the first time. The second time, I stood up and calmly told them if they hit my boat again, I have a balloon launcher, 36 full beers and a kick a** lawyer ....Next I asked how dad would feel about his boat coming back with can sized chunks of gelcoat missing....the capper was this.....the mouthiest kid on the boat was the driver.....about an hour later , his dad pulled up on their poontoon....and I knew him from high school....we got to talking and I shared the prior events......guido got called out and ordered to take the boat home.... his day on the water was done....karma...she is indeed a b****!

I'm sure you six year old daughter was pretty impressed that daddy can shoot the middle finger and scream profanities at other boats. Makes me wonder who the problem was???

We started early so the kids could tube ...

:Doh: I think I see the problem. :whistle:

...he got stuffed in a police car and taken off to jail...

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm sure you six year old daughter was pretty impressed that daddy can shoot the middle finger and scream profanities at other boats. Makes me wonder who the problem was???

Come on Man, thats a bit harsh. Maybe not everyone is as collected as you, but stupid people abound.....and Holidays bring them all out (Me included) :crazy::whistle:

Happy 4th Y'all

We had our share this weekend and i was about as nice as I could be, but my son let them know they were number one.

We we using the slalom course WAY at the back of a long cove. As we get set up to go into the course (ro the back of the cove), two dudes on a huge skidoo go past, about 50 feet from the course. Not huge rollers, but enough. As we go thru, they go on back into the cove. When we get to the end, just as I am making the hard turn to go back around, they are coming at me. They finally get over far enough, go around us, and then slalom through the last 3 bouys on their way out of the cove.

Just stupid. 40,000 acres of lake, and they gottta make waves in the 300 feet I want nice water for...

We too saw our fair share of stupidity this weekend as we always do on the 4th of July weekend. We live on a private lake that people open to there "friends" who are not familiar with the lake nor familiar with common decency and these "friends" are typically friends of those who live off the lake but have access. While annoying, it's typical and we simply deal with it. Get out early, get your water sports action in, and then watch the show.

Hope all had a safe 4th celebration.

Got our skiing in the morning by way of performing in the waterski club waterski show. :thumbup: Had glass for as many passes I could hold on for. Too painful to handski on the broken finger though. :( Next year. I gotta get a boom. :yes:

Edited by NorCaliBu

We got our sets in early as well. Looking forward to tomorrow. We're forecast to have killer weather and my wife and I took the day off so she can learn to pull me skiing. After I help the other guys here get the course in, I'm taking her out with a neighbors wife who does most of the driving on the lake so she can learn from her. That way I'm not the bad guy and she can get pointers from an experienced driver. :)

... I'm taking her out with a neighbors wife who does most of the driving on the lake so she can learn from her. That way I'm not the bad guy and she can get pointers from an experienced driver. :)

Good call. Not only for training your wife to drive well but also on not being the one to do it. :thumbup: Smart man. :yes:

I'm kinda a Glutton for punishment, I love the big weekends, Constant entertainment, People watching at it's best, So we decide to go to this Blues Music event in down town Portland, We were one of the first small boats there, and dropped our Trusty BOX ANCHOR, and settled in to listen to some great Blues, Well a few hours later we are surrounded, You name it, every kind of boat, and boat operator, Apparently I was one of the few who's anchor actually held, ( All Day ) , We spent the rest of the afternoon watching, people run into each other, run over anchor lines, Head shaking, finger waving, And add the Alcohol element, And Lets not forget the Chick-ed out MC weaving in and out of everyone, Parading there latest Catch...LOL Wow do these events really bring out the idiot's, It was getting not so relaxing worried someone was going to drift into my boat, So time to leave, But I told my wife, could you imagine that boat ramp tonight after the firework... Would have been so worth seeing that tonight...LOL All in all a great Weekend, Love My BU and Cant wait to take it out again!!!

Hate to hear horror stories from the lake. We went out on Sat and had a great day. Hardly any other boats on the water and marine patrol everywhere. Had a guy (family with little kids) in a Four Winds slowly pull up to me and asked to borrow a ski rope because they for got theirs. Bad thing to forget but I played nice had handed him our. His “little guy” was having trouble getting up on training skies so I jumped in the water and helped him stay in place while his dad hit the gas. Kid got right up. About 45 minutes later he found us in the same cove, returns the rope and says thank you.

Was off the water a little after 9 yesterday and this morning. No other boats and perfect water. I don't deal well with busy waterways and stupid people.

I am so glad to hear we do not have the corner market on stupid and inconsiderate here in the midwest. I almost started a similar thread after Memorial Day weekend. And I applaud the parent who actually reprimanded the kids for being completely out of line. Skiing at day break solves most problems but certainly not all.

We consider holiday weekends to be great weekends at the lake but not on the lake.

A few days before, and after any holiday I completely expect a zoo. My expectations are only to putt out to our spot and swim and relax. That's all we need and doing that over and over adds up to true "get away from it all" time.

If I'm expecting good water with us only, we have to get out there at 7:am on a weekday. My motto is be part of the solution, not the problem.

Steve B.

Watched fire works in our boat last night and all was pretty sane on our little lake..... When the show was over sure we had a few cowboys that have to prove they can drive fast at night on a very crowded lake..... Myself I brought up the rear cause I just don't trust people. Got to our dock and as my family unloaded heard a boom and a scrape close by. We yelled and got no reply.... So my BIL and I jumped in the boat and found this guy beached. We threw him the rope and pulled him off.... The WHOLE time I was convinced something would go wrong and my boat would take the brunt.... But we got him off the shore and he barely said thanks and left ad quick as he could just like that. The next day we were the idiots.... My wife ran over the Wakeboard handle wedged it so tight in the prop we had to tow it to the dock where I was able to get it out after an hour or so. No other damage though.... Not even a nick in the gel! But it was the very first week end we used that handle.... It was brand new.

Edited by Ruffdog

Wow. I never specified that the hand gestures were giving the finger...and never mentioned yelling profanities at anyone... That's you assuming... Bottom line....I learned the rules of the water long ago and apply them and when others ignorance puts my family, guests and boat in harms way, I do have a problem with it.

MalibuNation

Wildest lake I ever go to is LOTO.

Love my small lake ... get an occasional evil eye from a fisherman that launches from the public access and give it back to them. Sat was quite on my lake, Sun was busy and yesterday quite again.

It was a crazy weekend on our lake. Never saw it that busy before. No accidents that I know of (other than me dinging the prop on the new lift), but it wasn't for a lack of effort. We had one idiot (sadly in a Malibu Response) who was clueless! Pulling out from shore in front of people, going the wrong way and driving WAY to close to docks/rafts etc all while pulling young kids. Scary stuff. My son named him "Malidouche". A menace to the lake. Between this guy, jet skiers and just a crowded lake, we spent most of the day trolling the shoreline. The weather was great but I won't miss the crowds.

:Doh: I think I see the problem. :whistle:

Actually, Im always considerate of the boarders and skiers so I take the tubers to the opposite side of the lake to make as little mess of the flat water as possible.

:clap::clap::clap:

I am with Idiots-Rant. If someone threatened my family I might be just a little irate.

Our lake was very busy. We did get some very good skiing in the early mornings each day. We also had great weather all weekend, on a Holiday in Mich. :whistle:

Come on Man, thats a bit harsh. Maybe not everyone is as collected as you, but stupid people abound.....and Holidays bring them all out (Me included) :crazy::whistle:

Happy 4th Y'all

these days you have use a good degree of tact or risk getting stabbed or worse.

Holiday weekends are the worst-it's to be expected I guess. I always say we will stay in or just cruise the 'toon but the kids don't get it. I try to pick slower times to take them out but still have too many close calls. It's worse on hot weekends because the beer consumption is up and the public access is jammed. Most of the problem is the fact that people seem to drive with blinders on never seeing anything but whats in front of them,not looking before they turn etc.. I took my 9 and 11 year olds out on the sea-couch for a ride and had two kids on an old waverunner buzzing by us 4ft from the ski multiple times doing spinouts in front of us and I watched them do it to a number of others as well. Couldn't get a reg number and just headed in after awhile-would have enjoyed finding those numbnuts later on my own but know it's not worth it-this morning the lake was like glass and I'll be here all week to enjoy!

Had a good 4th ourselves. Our neighborhood beach was packed all weekend long. Had the paddleboards & the boat out & both got a lot of use. :rockon:

And our "ID10T" story:

I volunteered to pull the fireworks barge into place for the county association that puts on the show. So I go over ahead of time on Monday just to touch base & swap cell #s. He tells me he thinks he has a tow out by someone with a pontoon boat at 7pm. Tells me that he's had problems in the past with volunteers showing up drunk to do the job. And that he will need a tug back in after the show. I tell him I'll swing by at 7pm & make sure he's OK. Told him where we would be to watch the show, and would be back 15 or 20 minutes after the last bomb goes off.

7pm comes & we go out to find the pontoon hookin up to tow them out. Pontoon owner is a local rich guy I've met once or twice. Always seemed cool with me but have heard some stories. So we hang out a couple hundred feet away or so. The pyrotechs I talked to earlier can obviously see us. Pontoon makes like 3 or 4 efforts to pull the 20' x 60' barge off the beach & out into the breezy & boat chopped lake. Twice they are pulled into neighboring docks. Once the pontoon crew flags us to move away (we're like 200' feet upwind). I get on the Wetsounds EQ PA & say "Captain, I'm here to help. Just let me know what you would like done". Nothing in return. Four pyrotechs on the barge are obviously getting bent out of shape though. Five minutes later they flag me over. I pull an anchor line out & throw them one end to tie off in the center of the front of the barge. Then pulled the whole thing, including the pontoon, off the clusterf*** they've blown into.

Funny thing was when the pontoon owner unties, pulls around to the other side of the barge, reties to the barge & tries to join us in the pull out. Malibu is obviously not having a problem as we're now like a thousand feet off shore. Pyrotech comes over & very calmly cuts the pontoon's rope. :rofl:

Malibu shines..... at idle speed.

post-821-087416300 1309884891_thumb.jpg

post-821-077573300 1309884908_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky