Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can a boat make it rain?

electricjohn

It seems to me that my Bu would end a drought anywhere. Since the boat was new in 2003, which by the way was a record rainy summer here in the N.E. of the US. Vacation gave us 17 out of 21 days of rain that year. Well this year there was no rain in the weekend forcast till late on the 4th july, so I pull the boat out on the 3rd to do some work on it. Within a couple hours everything is wet. This includes all the stuff that had to be taken out of the shelter to pull the boat out, all my firewood, and the window sills of my truck. I can't win, and no, I do not want to sell the boat. Someday I might need the rain.

Edited by electricjohn

:lol:

For me ... it's a day off that makes it rain. I rarely get a day off mid-week but last week I had Wednesday (the 29th) off. Knew in advance that I was going to have it off so I planned to take my younger sons bible study group out on the water for the day. Late June in Nor Cal is typically 90's to triple digit heat and that's what it was for a couple of weeks leading up to Tuesday the 28th. Tuesday afternoon at 4:00 pm I was driving home and it was 52° and pouring rain.

:mad: JUNE 28TH!!! 52°!!! DUMPING BUCKETS!!! :mad:

On Wednesday it was cloudy and cold all morning but got decent in the afternoon so we went out around 3:00 and got some good wakeboarding and wakeskating in. Even did a little :unsure: tubing. Shhhh. :unsure: Don't tell my waterski club. :lol:

The day wasn't a total loss but WTH is 52° and rain in late June?? It actually snowed in the Sierras above 7000'.

It seems to me that my Bu would end a drought anywhere. Since the boat was new in 2003, which by the way was a record rainy summer here in the N.E. of the US. Vacation gave us 17 out of 21 days of rain that year. Well this year there was no rain in the weekend forcast till late on the 4th july, so I pull the boat out on the 3rd to do some work on it. Within a couple hours everything is wet. This includes all the stuff that had to be taken out of the shelter to pull the boat out, all my firewood, and the window sills of my truck. I can't win, and no, I do not want to sell the boat. Someday I might need the rain.

bring it to Texas, You could make Millions

Ours definitely makes the wind blow, so I believe yours can make it rain!! :crazy:

jkendallmsce

:lol:

For me ... it's a day off that makes it rain. I rarely get a day off mid-week but last week I had Wednesday (the 29th) off. Knew in advance that I was going to have it off so I planned to take my younger sons bible study group out on the water for the day. Late June in Nor Cal is typically 90's to triple digit heat and that's what it was for a couple of weeks leading up to Tuesday the 28th. Tuesday afternoon at 4:00 pm I was driving home and it was 52° and pouring rain.

:mad: JUNE 28TH!!! 52°!!! DUMPING BUCKETS!!! :mad:

On Wednesday it was cloudy and cold all morning but got decent in the afternoon so we went out around 3:00 and got some good wakeboarding and wakeskating in. Even did a little :unsure: tubing. Shhhh. :unsure: Don't tell my waterski club. :lol:

The day wasn't a total loss but WTH is 52° and rain in late June?? It actually snowed in the Sierras above 7000'.

And then 2-3 days later it is 100+!! goofy weather this year.