Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New boat fair price

Maddwacker

I have been itching about possibly getting a new 23 or 24 LSV and have talked to a few dealers about them. Please I know that all the boats have different options on them but what could I expect to pay for one of these boats 23 or 24 LSV? I know the prices may vary depending on what you get on each boat but at least I could get a ball park on a price. This would help a lot.

Thanks

I got my optioned out 23 with the l96 410 hp motor and just about every option they have with 4 wetsound pro 60s and 4 amps for my subs tower speakers and inside speakers for 76k my trailer also has 20inch wheels and I got lots of flake gel coat, not sure if that's a upgrade!!!

I am right there with Ottomatic I got my 2010 23 LSV pretty much with everything that I wanted out the door for 75k I did look at the 24 but its was a pretty nice price jump if I can recall enough to make me not get it even thou I wanted it. Glad I didn't cause even last week on our trip we had 10 people and there was still plenty of room on the LSV

I got my optioned out 23 with the l96 410 hp motor and just about every option they have with 4 wetsound pro 60s and 4 amps for my subs tower speakers and inside speakers for 76k my trailer also has 20inch wheels and I got lots of flake gel coat, not sure if that's a upgrade!!!

Cool. Thanks for the information. That makes me feel like I know around where to be if I pull the trigger. Thank you so much. I think the local dealer was a little on the high side but that's before any real haggling.

I am right there with Ottomatic I got my 2010 23 LSV pretty much with everything that I wanted out the door for 75k I did look at the 24 but its was a pretty nice price jump if I can recall enough to make me not get it even thou I wanted it. Glad I didn't cause even last week on our trip we had 10 people and there was still plenty of room on the LSV

Hey thanks again for the information. That makes me feel good knowing what two people got their boats for. I have a VLX and I think the 23 will be a nice upgrade. Oh do the 24's look great but you are right we are talking a huge price jump, huge. Thanks!

Edited by Maddwacker

The local dealer has these boats being used at a YMCA camp for the year that will come up for sale in September. They are 23 LSV's and will have about 200 hours on them, which I am sure is some pretty hard use. They will have full factory warranties on them and will be fully inspected before being to delivered to any buyer but they are talking 66k or drive out with taxes around 70K on a boat with 200 hours or 50,000 miles on it.

I think this is too high a price and if I could get a new one drive out for around 75-76K, I'd be happy. Thanks guys!

If you want to order a boat from the factory with everything you want on it, like paint scheme and everything are we talking much more dollars? I figured it might be more because some dealers want to get there inventory turned over. Does anyone know?

Just curious as to how you get 200 hours being 50,000 miles?

We have hour meters on all our company rigs. The average between them is 4,000 hours / 100,000 miles.

Just curious as to how you get 200 hours being 50,000 miles?

We have hour meters on all our company rigs. The average between them is 4,000 hours / 100,000 miles.

1 hour on a boat would be equivalent to 250 miles in a car. That is what I have been told by others with boats.

SSo what your saying is that a boat with 500 hours will be 150000 miles.. and the guys hitting the 1000 hour mark are in the 300000 mile mark.. that means the boats hitting 2000 hours are crazy high milage. Hmmmm. Is consider hot sources. These boats can go 1000 hours easy if maintained. Not to say a ymca boat has not been ridden hard but I wouldn't let hours stand in my way of a purchase. I have 500 hours on mine and she ours like a kitten.

SSo what your saying is that a boat with 500 hours will be 150000 miles.. and the guys hitting the 1000 hour mark are in the 300000 mile mark.. that means the boats hitting 2000 hours are crazy high milage. Hmmmm. Is consider hot sources. These boats can go 1000 hours easy if maintained. Not to say a ymca boat has not been ridden hard but I wouldn't let hours stand in my way of a purchase. I have 500 hours on mine and she ours like a kitten.

Okay I guess I see your point but regardless of that fact 70K out the door for a boat with 200 hours on it or 75-76K for a brand new boat with zero hours. I'd rather pay the extra 5K for a brand new baby. The YMCA boat is over priced in my opinion. That is the point of my post. Damn man we are not all experts on this stuff or we wouldn't be asking.

Sorry if I came across rough. I agree that the price is not correct. But people should not be affraid of hours. They should be affraid of too low of hours.

Sorry if I came across rough. I agree that the price is not correct. But people should not be affraid of hours. They should be affraid of too low of hours.

Thanks

I got my 2010 23LSV for 67k loaded with everything minus tower lights with 55 hours as a dealer demo boat. If you are asking me do NOT buy the YMCA boats. I can only image the vinyl on those things :/

I got my 2010 23LSV for 67k loaded with everything minus tower lights with 55 hours as a dealer demo boat. If you are asking me do NOT buy the YMCA boats. I can only image the vinyl on those things :/

That is an awesome deal. I am definitely not going to buy a YMCA boat. Thanks for your help. I kind of know now where I stand on those boats vs. some brand new ones. Thanks for your help bro!

Just left my new dealer, Wilson WaterSports near Oklahoma City.... they have a leftover new 2010 247, nicely equipped, tower speakers.. for 79K I think. It has the 6.2, 450hp, roughly the same color sceme you see in my photo, but more darker grey and more black. Right next to it they have a 2011 247, 6.0, 410hp again nicely equipped, tower speaker... black, gray etc...85k.

Right at 78k for our 23 LSV with every option except for the shower and tower lights. Would of been a little bit less but we added the wetsounds 80's, wetsounds sub, and amps. Also have solid color hull (black)

Just left my new dealer, Wilson WaterSports near Oklahoma City.... they have a leftover new 2010 247, nicely equipped, tower speakers.. for 79K I think. It has the 6.2, 450hp, roughly the same color sceme you see in my photo, but more darker grey and more black. Right next to it they have a 2011 247, 6.0, 410hp again nicely equipped, tower speaker... black, gray etc...85k.

Guys thank you so much for the heads up. I just feel more comfortable going into negotiations when I get there. Awesome!

Right at 78k for our 23 LSV with every option except for the shower and tower lights. Would of been a little bit less but we added the wetsounds 80's, wetsounds sub, and amps. Also have solid color hull (black)

I'd love to see a picture. Congrats! I am so pumped about getting a newer bigger boat. Does your boat come with a warranty? Does it just cover the engine?

Dealer demo boats should come with a full factory warranty starting on the day you buy the boat. There should be some great deals to be had via this avenue if you are willing to wait until fall. They will have also worked out all the bugs by the time you take it home.

I'd love to see a picture. Congrats! I am so pumped about getting a newer bigger boat. Does your boat come with a warranty? Does it just cover the engine?

Malibu warranty is what...3 years I think. If you get boat insurance though...crap forgot the name but they bump the motor warranty to 5 years.

5lv1aw.jpg

Dealer demo boats should come with a full factory warranty starting on the day you buy the boat. There should be some great deals to be had via this avenue if you are willing to wait until fall. They will have also worked out all the bugs by the time you take it home.

Thanks!

Malibu warranty is what...3 years I think. If you get boat insurance though...crap forgot the name but they bump the motor warranty to 5 years.

5lv1aw.jpg

Great boat! I love the color! Man just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!