Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08' 23 LSV Prop options? Wakesurfing

aliandbrian

I have dinged up my OEM prop, what is the best prop and where to buy it? I mostly wakesurf. 340 monsoon engine.

Thanks,

Brian

I went with the Acme 1273 but I have the HH I chose the 1273 over the 1235 because of the cup its 150 vs 105 IIRC. We still have top end and no cavitation when surfing.

I have an 06 V-Ride. I primarly surf and the OEM prop feels like there is too much tork on the tranny when coming out of the water?.. not sure though... the boat seems to go real fast too which I don't need.... any ideas????

thanks

I have an 06 V-Ride. I primarly surf and the OEM prop feels like there is too much tork on the tranny when coming out of the water?.. not sure though... the boat seems to go real fast too which I don't need.... any ideas????

thanks

I think the 06 V-ride is very close to the same hull as our 01 Sunsetter, we went to the OJ fusion after trying the 537 and love it!! More low end, maintains almost all the top end speed. There are a few post about this prop if you search for Fusion.

I primarily surf as well and changed from an ACME 537- 13.5 x 16 that came on the boat to an ACME 1235- 14.5 x 14.25 (105 cup) and have noticed a great improvement in the performance for surfing and the hole shot is great. I did like the the 537 for cruising, I could typically run 29mph @ 3000 rpm with my normal crew/load. Now with basically the same load the 1235 is running around 21mph @ 3000 rpm. At boarding speed of 22 mph I believe the rpm is @ 3500. I can still get up to slalom speed at 32 mph for my wife, but I am spinning at @ 4400 rpm to do it. It isn't a slalom boat/wake by any stretch of the imagination, but at 70' back I can keep her happy when she feels the need and here runs aren't as long as they used to be :whistle: so it shouldn't put any undue stress on the engine/trans/vd. Bottom line is I typically cruise from spot to spot @ 21 mph to enjoy the view and be able to talk and I normally only surf and the kids want to tube, so the 1235 fit my needs perfectly.