Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Old MBO Topic???

jetskipro550

Okay, I remember a topic on MBO about 1-2 months ago about wakeboard benches and I was wondering if anyone remembers the link to the site where I could buy just the legs/back for the bench? My brother and I are using our old boards to make a bench for fathers day for our dad. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

I put one together for my daughter's birthday a week or so ago. It turned out great and is sitting in her room. I bought the bench legs last year and got the boards from a friend last summer. I finally put it all together while she was off in BC for a ski camp. When she got home it was all set up in her bedroom with a 'Happy Birthday' sign on it.

I'll look up the link for you and post a picture when I get home in a day or two. I have a picture, but it is on the home computer. It looks just like on the web site except with different boards.

Are there any places to get cheaper bench legs?  Like at a hardware store, or anything?

There might be but I couldn't find them back when I was looking a year ago. I have a friend who made one out of plastic legs from Lowe's, but Lowe's didn't carry them last year. I found a few companies that carried some legs for a park bench, but they were not any cheaper and they didn't look as nice IMO. Another alternative is some metal legs like what is on the Hyperlite or Liquid Force benches that are in some of the board stores. They are supplied to the stores by HL or LF. I know that there was someone on WakeWorld a while back that was selling some like that. You can do a search on WW to find that to see if he is still selling them. I don't remember the price. I guess the final route would be to have a metal shop make them up for you - I think they would just need to bend some pipe and powder coat.