Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'97 Resonse....what "doesnt it do well"?

flattracker60

1st post here.

I have a 12 and a 7 year old that I took tubing. Well, they're hooked! I know they would love to ski and knee board. I have had many boats (now 42yo), but never a true ski boat.

I have a new fishing boat, and have just enough room for 1 more boat in the 30x50. ;)

I found a super clean (240 hours), 97 Response (closed bow). I drove the boat.......drove nice (other then not being able to turn in reverse.....LOL.....anyway).

Would I be better off with a Glastron type boat (had one, was ok)? I like the idea of having all that power (320?....efi Monsoon), and have always wanted a ski boat. My fear is the lack of space. The kids are small (there will hardly ever be 4 adults, mostly me, wife and 2 kids), but they're really isnt a lot of room. I dont live on the lake, so I cant leave all my "stuff" on shore.

Just looking for advice on the boat. The price is fair, the boat is clean, I just dont wanna but the worng boat.

So......what wont, or doesnt this boat do well?

PS.......I dont "think" we;re gonna wake board.........just skiing, tubing and knee boarding.

Thanks in advance.

reason #1 is safety, especially with kids. Kids and exposed props, inherent with outboard and I/O's scares me to death. Inboards are substantially safer. The ease of driving skiers, tubes, whatever, with an inboard is not even comparable to an I/O etc. holding speed is easy, power more abundant, and far more comfortable driving position. It's easy to maintain, should be very reliable (it's just a car engine), and the wakes far more fun.

reason #1 is safety, especially with kids. Kids and exposed props, inherent with outboard and I/O's scares me to death. Inboards are substantially safer. The ease of driving skiers, tubes, whatever, with an inboard is not even comparable to an I/O etc. holding speed is easy, power more abundant, and far more comfortable driving position. It's easy to maintain, should be very reliable (it's just a car engine), and the wakes far more fun.

I didnt even think of that.........good point.

On a side note, I edited my other post asking if I should spend more to get more features and such. I also added a picture to the other thread.

Can a moderator clean up my mistake with the double post and delete this one?

I know, I'm new here and already screwing up........LOL.

Post on other thread please (I know, I'm dumb......LOL).

Edited by flattracker60