Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Problem with lights???

bpm0004

We just got from being at the lake all week and had a great time with our V ride. One small problem I havent been able to figure out. At night when I try and turn the lights on I cant get the navigation lights to work right. When I flip the switch to Navigation the front light (red and green) come on but not the white light on top of the tower. If I flip the switch to "Anchor" the white light on the tower comes on but not the front lights. So I know the bulb on the tower works I just cant get it to come on when the switch is flipped to "Navigation." Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully its an easy fix so I can be ready for the 4th. Thanks

Edited by bpm0004

We just got from being at the lake all week and had a great time with our V ride. One small problem I havent been able to figure out. At night when I try and turn the lights on I cant get the navigation lights to work right. When I flip the switch to Navigation the front light (red and green) come on but not the white light on top of the tower. If I flip the switch to "Anchor" the white light on the tower comes on but not the front lights. So I know the bulb on the tower works I just cant get it to come on when the switch is flipped to "Navigation." Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully its an easy fix so I can be ready for the 4th. Thanks

Odd, when I flip mine to Navigation the tower light comes on. I have an '06 iRide, should be similar. Loose wire on the switch perhaps? I would think the tower light wire should be connected to both sides of the switch.

Ha! Since my switches don't say "anchor" or "nav" I usually flip switches for a while before I get the right one. Are you sure you tried them all? You should be able to turn them each on independently or both, but I can't tell you which switch does what :crazy:

Edited by Ndawg12

I have an 07 ride, Nav should turn both the tower and the front running lights on

this switch has 5 wires coming off the back of mine so i would check to see if one has come loose, if the light does come on when in anchor mode then it is most likely the connection

I have an 07 ride, Nav should turn both the tower and the front running lights on

this switch has 5 wires coming off the back of mine so i would check to see if one has come loose, if the light does come on when in anchor mode then it is most likely the connection

:plus1: Both should come on in Nav mode. The anchor mode is for just that well anchored at night and no need for Nav lights.

Do I just need to look up under the dash to find where these 5 wires connect?

Yes, it will look something like this

post-1563-090242300 1309207612_thumb.jpg

The wires have connectors that just push on the posts. The posts are opposite of what the switch says, so if you push the switch on the top for NAV, the wires for NAV will be on the bottom posts (and vice versa). The middle post is for the power, I *think* the two sides are independent, so if you only have a power wire on one side, but wires on both sides on the other posts, that could also be an issue.

The top post that seems to be an "extra" is the ground for the lights inside the switch. In my picture I have the power and the ground for the lights connected, so the only thing that would happen on this switch right now is the lights on the switch would come on.

I'm thinking the 5 would be...

1. Power (center)

2. Light ground (offset post)

3. Bow lights when switched to NAV (If I remember NAV is "up" so bottom post)

4. Tower light when switched to NAV (same)

5. Tower Light when switch to Anchor (Top post)

Edited by CedarLakeSkier

yep, then it is a matter of hunting which wire down but should not be hard to figure it out. Mine still works so i have not gone through it yet or would be more help......

Mine are different all 5 are in a row......

Yes, it will look something like this

post-1563-090242300 1309207612_thumb.jpg

The wires have connectors that just push on the posts. The posts are opposite of what the switch says, so if you push the switch on the top for NAV, the wires for NAV will be on the bottom posts (and vice versa). The middle post is for the power, I *think* the two sides are independent, so if you only have a power wire on one side, but wires on both sides on the other posts, that could also be an issue.

The top post that seems to be an "extra" is the ground for the lights inside the switch. In my picture I have the power and the ground for the lights connected, so the only thing that would happen on this switch right now is the lights on the switch would come on.

I'm thinking the 5 would be...

1. Power (center)

2. Light ground (offset post)

3. Bow lights when switched to NAV (If I remember NAV is "up" so bottom post)

4. Tower light when switched to NAV (same)

5. Tower Light when switch to Anchor (Top post)

Sounds like one of the wires is loose....I'm hoping it wont be to hard to figure out...I will look at it this weekend when I go down to the lake.. Thanks for all the help

hopefully it is just a loose wire.....hopefully

Sounds like one of the wires is loose....I'm hoping it wont be to hard to figure out...I will look at it this weekend when I go down to the lake.. Thanks for all the help

• 1 month later...

Its been a while and sense I last posted. I had a little incident with the tower light and it broke off and sank....lets just say trying to go "around the world" with tubes wasn't the best idea I have ever had. We got the cap replaced though and I checked the back of the switch on the dashboard. You were dead on....one of the wires had come off of the terminal...I put it back on and the tower light is now working. Thanks for the help