Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gauges

I've got a 2000 Sportster with intermittent/non-functioning gauges. I've read pretty much every post related to this subject and have tried every suggestion. I've swapped 5 pin connectors around; installed a brand new Medallion mdc1600; ran a new 8 awg ground from battery to ground bar; cleaned connection;etc. Surely all my gauges can't be bad! Anyone have any other thoughts before I take it to the dealership?

I just posted a few days ago about a similar issue.

I haven't tried what you have so I'm glad, You may have saved me a pile of money!

mine is intermittent, and it started with just the speedo, then the speedo and tach and a few times it was all gauges. stop and restart the boat and it tends to be okay, then it starts again moments later.

doesn't seem to be a problem when I first start the boat cold. weird

Last time I used my boat my battery was dead. I hadn't used the boat for a month though. charged it and everything was fine, then as we started skiing the tach and speedo started to go haywire again. (perfect pass works perfect though).

I did find the I lead off the igntion switch is a bit loose in the housing, and when I had the key switch ON, and ran my multimeter on the Positive lead on the starter, the voltage would drop .1 every few seconds consistently. fire the boat up again and the batter gets more charge so I'm rulling out hte alternator.

I'm also thinking maybe my battery is not operating 100%. II had fully charged it on sunday used the boat for 1hr and I pulled it to take it home with me and sit it on the trickle charger for the next few weeks til we use the boat again.

when I put it on the charger it was reading LO, at 13.2 volts, enough to fire the boat, but barely. my intelligent charger gets it up to 14.9 volts at full charge.