Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Stargazer

I have Stargazer on an 07 Response LXI, it has a few problems... First I get random timing, it just starts on its own, sometimes the up arrow clears it and sometimes it just starts timing right away as in right out of the hole way before entering the slalom course. Shutting off the boat for 10 or more seconds seems to clear it up. I have concluded that it is possible that it has to do with the start sequence meaning if you start the boat like you do your car (with no hesitation) it works fine, however if there is a delay in the key turn my theory is that it interupts the initial power sequence of the PP master module. Today we tried it and had an error when the driver didnt turn the key all the way over and hestitated momentarily before actually engaging the starter therefore interrupting the power sequence (again theory). Also today for the very first time the display went dead and would not recover even after three or more engine off cycles that lasted 3-5 minutes, about the time I decided to pull PP out and burn it and spend 2K or more on Zero Off it began to work, we skied one more set on it and it worked perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced these odd and random glithces? Any input is appreciated...

I get false starts every once in a while at my ski lake. The lake is 12' at the deepest with lots debris littering the bottom. Mine does it in the same area , so it's picking up a magnetic sense from the bottom. One easy thing to check is to disconnect the Smart timer and see if you have the same issues with it starting on it's own.

I have Stargazer on an 07 Response LXI, it has a few problems... First I get random timing, it just starts on its own, sometimes the up arrow clears it and sometimes it just starts timing right away as in right out of the hole way before entering the slalom course. Shutting off the boat for 10 or more seconds seems to clear it up. I have concluded that it is possible that it has to do with the start sequence meaning if you start the boat like you do your car (with no hesitation) it works fine, however if there is a delay in the key turn my theory is that it interupts the initial power sequence of the PP master module. Today we tried it and had an error when the driver didnt turn the key all the way over and hestitated momentarily before actually engaging the starter therefore interrupting the power sequence (again theory). Also today for the very first time the display went dead and would not recover even after three or more engine off cycles that lasted 3-5 minutes, about the time I decided to pull PP out and burn it and spend 2K or more on Zero Off it began to work, we skied one more set on it and it worked perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced these odd and random glithces? Any input is appreciated...

check to make sure all ground connections are tight and/or wiring is in good shape. 9 time out of 10 flakey electrical stuff can be attributed to bad grounds.